Not getting text messages from Iphones

Reaction score
Just switched from iphone 4S to razr maxx today. I am getting texts from other droids but cannot receive any texts from iPhones? Any trick involved to fixing this?

cleave

Reaction score
Here's what the problem is:
Apple's iMessage essentially intercepts all "text messages" from the iPhone. It checks if the recipient has an iPhone or not. If not, it will send as a text instead of an iMessage. It seems to do a really horrible job of detecting that someone has left the iPhone world. Some of your friends phones must still think you are in Apple land.

Heres what to do:

Go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Click on "edit products"
Click on the "x" to the right of the product.
Click "unregister"

Hope this works.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Do you know if the changes take effect right away?

cleave

Reaction score
Sometimes it happens immediately and you will instantly receive a lot undelivered messages. Other times it can take awhile. Also, if you still have your iPhone, make sure you turn off imessages.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it turned out that it took nearly 10 hours for the cycle to recognize I did not have an iphone any longer. I am currently getting all Texts from all phones at the moment. TY

OP
R
Reaction score
It worked then shut down again. After over an hour with verizon, it finally was figured out. If you had a iphone in the past, shut off Imessage as well as changing your apple ID password. That will not
cause the confusion for the droid. It took a while to figure out but everything works perfect now.