Not receiving messages, but able to send??

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
So I received the update and it was messing up my phone along with not receiving text messages then I wiped my phone and activated it and tested the messages...no go. What could be causing this? I really would like it fixed :-( I downloaded Handcent and goSMS and textplus-none of them receive sms. Haven't tested MMS though. I CAN send people messages though. Thanks for feedback

sfigueroa

Reaction score
Having the same problem with my inc ever since the 2.3.4 update. Anyone know how to fix this?

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
Have you contacted Verizon? I'm with pageplus (a small company of theirs) and I'm afraid they won't help me since I'm not really Verizon customer

sfigueroa

Reaction score
I went into a local store today and the reply I got was buy a new phone.

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
:-O you're kidding. That's ridiculous. It was working fine until the update sooooo you'd think they could undo it. Grrrr. So frustrating. What are you going to do? Do you think rooting will help? :-(

sfigueroa

Reaction score
They said they can't undo any update from 2.3 the rep said to try rooting but honestly i don't think he knew what rooting is. But rooting is what I will try. If that doesn't work probably will end up buying the bionic

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
I think the highest version unrevoked supports is version 2.2, which is what the inc used to be

sfigueroa

Reaction score
So i spent alot of time talking to htc and verizon with no solution. So i got the bionic and love it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
Yea, I got no solution either! But can't upgrade, so will probably get the Eris. The newer phones seem rather bulky. I guess that's the price to pay for a bigger screen. Glad you're happy with the bionic though!!dancedroid

ivegotsunshine

Reaction score
This exact same thing happened to me right after I did the upgrade! I am waiting the 3-5 days for them to troubleshoot but if they don't figure it out I really don't feel like I should have to purchase a new phone! It was working just perfectly before I allowed the upgrade :eek:(

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
Well I switched my number to my old phone I had and messages go through to it, so it's not a network issue, it's a phone/update issue. I've heard (not confirmed though) that HTC is going to release a bug fix sometime, hopefully soon, to straighten out the problem. I emailed HTC, haven't heard back yet but I hope this is true because there is no excuse for them ruining a perfectly functional phone. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing problems

matt91turbo

Reaction score
My wife is having the same problem. I'm not sure if this is related, but she was also seeing the message for low internal disk space the past few days. I tried doing a factory reset and talked with Verizon, but their only suggestion was to get a new phone! It doesn't appear that there is a root method for 2.3 yet from what I can tell. Otherwise I'd root it and try a custom ROM.

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
I emailed HTC and this is what they said: "We would be happy to assist you with any issues you are experiencing with not being able to receive messages. You have emailed our Customer Care department, and while we can assist you with repair services, our Technical Support department may be able to resolve your issue. If you would like a Technical Support representative to troubleshoot your device via email, please visit our website at HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - E-mail Support. In the "Inquiry Type" drop down box, be sure to choose "Product Inquiry." You can also reach our Technical Support Department by calling 1.866.449.8358.

If your issue cannot be resolved with Technical Support, you can call our authorized service agent, Personal Communications Devices (PCD) to set up a return merchandise authorization to have your device repaired. Warranty coverage will depend on a diagnosis by a certified technician. Please have your Incredible's serial number ready, and contact PCD at 1.800.229.1235 for service options."

Hmm. I don't think it should depend on the warranty since they're the ones who messed up my phone, not me.

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
They also said this just now: "Thank you for your reply concerning the issue you are having with the text messages since you received the over the air update. I am sorry to hear that the factory data reset did not resolve the issue. Currently, this issue is under investigation. I would like to gather more information so HTC can further investigate this concern to determine the causes.

How would you describe your SMS use (text messaging) Would you describe it is little, moderate, or heavy (20 or more SMS messages) a day?

Do you use or have you used a third party messaging application? If so, what is the application, and does it work properly?

How much free space is on your device? You can locate the available storage under: home> menu> settings> SD & Storage: verify the internal storage space available"