Not receiving messages, but able to send??

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
Yup! That solved it! Wooohoo! *happy dance* *happy dance**happy dance**happy dance**happy dance**happy dance**happy dance*

carmenco7677

Reaction score
I agree, they should replace it if the software corrupts the phone. Thankfully I'm still in my 1 year warranty! Still waiting for my update.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

carmenco7677

Reaction score
Maybe that is why they haven't sent out my update? Wonder if they put a hold on it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

siggers

Reaction score
I called HTC support and got a fix for the text messaging problem! Go to settings/ then applications and check the box to receive from unknown sources, then go to dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk when you hit enter its gonna download a thing called hot fix, and after a couple mins your texts should all flood in!

Xposted on Facebook

Thank you. I wasted an hour of my life with Verizon customer support, reset my wife's phone, and got the final solution of buy a new phone. dancedroid

supfool

Reaction score
I called HTC support and got a fix for the text messaging problem! Go to settings/ then applications and check the box to receive from unknown sources, then go to dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk when you hit enter its gonna download a thing called hot fix, and after a couple mins your texts should all flood in!

Xposted on Facebook

I just did this and it worked!! Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

BTW...Thank You,
supfool

rkinslow

Reaction score

Xposted on Facebook

I began experiencing issues with my Droid Incredible shortly after installing update 2.3.4, including the "low disc space" error message that has been mentioned several times.

I did a reset of my phone, which cured the "low disc space" error, but then I realized I was unable to receive text messages, although I was able to send them.

I tried the fix that the above poster mentioned, and it worked.

Just to give a bit more detail, after checking the box, and going to the website, the download will complete in your notifications drop down status bar.

When it is done, click it to install, and it will say "Hotfix NV item reset it complete and you are able to receive messages now"

About 5 minutes later, all my texts came in.

Thanks for the help crazycatlady2352!

wayvrunr

Reaction score
Dear CAT LADY!!! I was having problems receiving texts for days now. VERY frustrating. Thank you SO much for taking the time to post the fix. I was literally 10 mins away from heading to the Verizon store to get a new phone. Then, I was figuring I would be spending the good part of the rest of the entire day fiddling with a new phone. You saved me time AND money. Much appreciated.

ivegotsunshine

Reaction score
Tried what the catlady said and its telling me page is no longer available? Made several attempts! I have been without receiving a texts for quite a few weeks. They are sending me a replacement phone (incredable2) but thought I'd still give this a shot...:angry:

wayvrunr

Reaction score
Check your drop down status bar as someone suggested above! I, too, got the "website not available" screen, but the fix had still downloaded & was available to install after pulling down that bar!

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
Tried what the catlady said and its telling me page is no longer available? Made several attempts! I have been without receiving a texts for quite a few weeks. They are sending me a replacement phone (incredable2) but thought I'd still give this a shot...:angry:

If you give me your email I'll forward you the message with the fix HTC sent me.

mcshev

Reaction score
This worked for me, yay and I found this Before I tried the factory reset, double yay..I agree Thank You...Thank you.and joyous blessings upon you:biggrin:

Kdann

Reaction score
I need to do the happy dance too..

I am trying to follow the work around on the Droid Incredible - txt stopped being able to be received but can be sent out.
After you went to settings > Applications and checked off "Unknown Sources" what did you do next exactly?
There was a hotfix that you applied to the phone yes? Where did you get that and how did you get it on your phone?

Sorry to be a bother.. but I want to do a happy dance too.. its awful not being able to get txt msgs

Appreciate your time

Karyn

mcshev

Reaction score
Hi as you stated I changed the setting too allow unknown sources. I then clicked the link on this thread (that doesn't seen to be here any more :()and it just automatically installed the patch. After a restart all my texts for a whole week just came in and the problem was fixed. Ironically about two Weeks after that my poor incredible fell victim to a glass of milk or I would send you the file it downloaded.

I'm very sorry, I don't understand why this is happening to so many people and there seems to be no official answer or fix.

I had planned to see if I can hook up my incredible to my PC to salvage some pictures off it. I suspect its the screen that is damaged as the phone still turns on, sounds notifications and alarms. If I can find the file it downloaded I well email it to you.

I got the link from:

Xposted on Facebook

Have you tried the url listed here?
thx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mcshev

Reaction score
Sorry, let's try that again the link I used was from crazycatlady

Xposted on Facebook

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums