Not going to ICS

Reaction score
Thinking that I'm going to stay with GB...ICS seems like it may not be worth the risk?
Tried to do the update and it failed repeatedly....still seems to have lots of issues.
Love My Bionic...I think I'll keep her....dancedroid

jason1175

Reaction score
It is DEFINITELY worth it. Have you tried wiping the cache? If that doesn't work, backup all of your important data(contacts, pictures, etc..) then do a factory reset. Once that's done, try updating again.

ArcherDragoon

Reaction score
It is worth it...like a brand new phone. Yes, it is a bit to get used too...but, almost like getting a brand new phone!!! Just like anything else Android...you gotta do a little customization to get it the way you want it...

ldubs

Reaction score
Its actually very simple to do and totally worth it. Fxz is out so you can go directly there. Or get house of bionic and follow the steps. Read up on everything first of course.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I was on a leak since July I would never want GB back ICS is so much better in every way.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
If it's failing then either your OTA file is corrupt or you have modified something in the system partition (e.g. installed bootstrap, forever rooted, uninstalled bloat, etc.). Most likely the latter. FDR won't fix this, because it only flashes over the data and cache partitions, not system. You can use the House of Bionic to fix your system partition, or just do a full FXZ to 246 as someone else suggested. ICS is DEFINITELY worth it.

nomadh

Reaction score
As a little balance. I was underwhelmed with my ics. I was a bit shocked at what little difference it made for me. I think its because my bionic was working so well to begin with. ICS made my cpu score in quadrant go way up but in real use it feels very much the same. Also I think my battery goes down a bit faster. Maybe it would be the same if there was a system setting for 3g only.
Im not saying ics is bad. I'm saying it is more uneventful "if your bionic already works well". So take your time and dont worry too much about what your missing and try some of these ideas.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
As a little balance. I was underwhelmed with my ics. I was a bit shocked at what little difference it made for me. I think its because my bionic was working so well to begin with. ICS made my cpu score in quadrant go way up but in real use it feels very much the same. Also I think my battery goes down a bit faster. Maybe it would be the same if there was a system setting for 3g only.
Im not saying ics is bad. I'm saying it is more uneventful "if your bionic already works well". So take your time and dont worry too much about what your missing and try some of these ideas.
There is a way to switch to 3g only. *#*#4636#*#* Phone Information \ little arrow by LTE choose cdma only. ICS is worth it, even if your phone is working well on GB.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
nomadh said:

Yeah that's because your dual core phone is finally dual core. GB dots not have support for dual cores our can only use one.

lm2

Reaction score
Yeah that's because your dual core phone is finally dual core. GB dots not have support for dual cores our can only use one.

What aspects of the bionic experience should see improvement with the second core?

OP
Verizonisbaaad
Reaction score
Thinking that I'm going to stay with GB...ICS seems like it may not be worth the risk?
Tried to do the update and it failed repeatedly....still seems to have lots of issues.
Love My Bionic...I think I'll keep her....dancedroid

MADE IT!!!! AWESOME!!!
Thanks to everyone!!
:hail::biggrin::hail: