Noob Question

Boricua82

Reaction score
Hey guys I just recently got an Incredible and I was wondering how do you remove the icon thats next to the 3g, kinda looks like a compass...if anyone has a solutions please let me know thank you

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

smtom

Reaction score
That's the Bluetooth icon.

OP
B

Boricua82

Reaction score
you sure? Cause I've seen the blutooth icon and this looks like a crosshair/compass icon

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App

OP
B

Boricua82

Reaction score
Ok thanks that's what I thought it might be,is there any way to remove it from there cause I have my GPS turned off but it is still showing or is it there permently?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

GT944

Reaction score
That's not the active GPS that you use for navigation and such, I believe what you're describing is the location settings icon. You can select one of several options under the locations menu in your general phone settings menu - the phone is set to track location for emergency situations (E911) by default and this cannot be turned off on the stock software. Possibly there is a Rom out there that would allow you to disable this, but I would just leave it alone.

OP
B

Boricua82

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply and will most definitely leave it be

Sent from my HTC Incredible

klay

Reaction score
I read noob question and thought, this is for me!
There are 2 blue lights on the front top left of my incredible, next to the verizon logo, I dont ever recall seeing these lights come on for anything. Now, its bugging me and I cant seem to find out what they are for? Can someone please enlighten me PLEASE !
:icon_eek:

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
There are 2 blue lights on the front top left of my incredible, next to the verizon logo, I dont ever recall seeing these lights come on for anything. Now, its bugging me and I cant seem to find out what they are for? Can someone please enlighten me PLEASE !

I don't know, but I want blue lights.

klay

Reaction score
Sensor for face detection? The one on the right does look like a blue light.
Still buggin me!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Pineapple95

Reaction score

The two little dots to the left of the Verizon logo are the proximity sensors. You can test it by holding the phone away from your face and making a call. Place your finger over the sensors and the screen will dim, remove your finger and the screen will turn on. And I believe the little dot to the right of the Verizon logo is the ambient light sensor.