Gingerbread for droid incredible

Wehuntjoshua

Reaction score
Look I know this may be a stupid question but has anyone heard anything about any release dates? Any updates? Anything about this I am very interested in a release date I don't feel like rooting my incredible just to get bugs, I want the official update. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

G

Grimster

Its not coming for a long time. Dont expect it in the next 4-6 months or longer and dont be surprised if it never comes at all.

Also, dont waste you time with 3rd party ROMs. They all have bugs and reliability issues and are developed by amateurs who are not real Devs. Dont waste your time.

jerichi

Reaction score
I'm running omgb rom on my phone and there are no bugs. Not all the roms are developed by amateurs.

Sent from my Htc Incredible using DroidForums App

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah I love custom ROMs, I have Super Z with Sense 2.0, it's not Gingerbread, but it is the most up to date HTC software, the Thunderbolt hasn't even come out yet but it'll run Android 2.2 with Sense 2.0.

Super Z has bugs, though. It's a mess, it lags, random force closes on apps, yeah it's a real mess. But that'll be fixed with updates, in the meantime, try OMGB as my colleague here suggested, or Fusion, both are Gingerbread ROMs.

As for HTC officially giving the Droid Incredible Gingerbread OR Sense 2.0, yeah right. Never gonna happen. I can almost guarantee it. Dinc's end of life is the end of March, it'll be retired soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's watch the language and try to be respectful to each other. Wehuntjoshua, you come in with an attitude like that you're not going to be around long. So just be respectful to the others. Nobody knows when it's coming out.

OP
W

Wehuntjoshua

Reaction score
So you're telling I have to be nice when someone is a jerk look boot me I don't care that is the only question I had, but when you stand up for someone who is pissing everyone off it's kinda screwed up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App