New Droid Incredible?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
4G is rolling out in q4 and early 2011 in a lot of markets and VZW will need some phones in order to rape the customers on LTE data pricing. I bet its 4g
My Incredible is just right sized for me, if not a smidge big for qwerty tapping

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk

mrdroid

Reaction score
If people are going to complain about new devices coming out every couple months then you shouldn't be buying expensive gadgets at all.

The Google CEO said they expect a 3-6 month life-cycle from the manufacturers for their Android devices. Get used to it.

I think it's awesome. I love that new devices are constantly coming out. Way better than waiting 3 years for a new iPhone that doesn't offer you anything new :)

OP
I
Reaction score
I just noticed....no more red accents?? Wtf? Oh well i pln to get this either way...woulda been a lot cooler with the red IMO

Puredrive

Reaction score
This will be a different device and not a new Incredible. Honestly, the current Incredible is as large of a phone as I would want and this new device seems like it is going to be a good deal bigger. I had originally wanted to get the Droid X but after playing with it in person the thing was just to large. If I want a tablet I'll get a tablet. I want a phone that does not require a backpack to cart around comfortably.

BzB

Reaction score
LTE capable?

unless this phone is LTE capable why would someone who has an incredible or any other droid for that matter get this one when the LTE phones will probably come out right after this one is released?

this phone will probably have the shortest lived time at the top of the totem pole of any verizon phone in the past year and a half.

if it is LTE ready then that's a whole different story and a game changer...

Humpa

Reaction score
lol ... every new phone seems to be a "game changer".

I thought I'd like a bigger device too. But the DX is always getting stuck sideways in my pocket, plus it is hard to use one handed because you can't reach the whole screen. Tons of people will love the 4.3" display, of course.
That being said, I'd think the Inc HD will be a fantastic device ... it will fit in nicely with all the other fantastic devices we have available to us. ;)

Android may be a game changer, and the Droid and N1 played a big part. But now all devices have a 3-6 month lifespan. So there really ain't much time to be a game changer anymore - just the hot device of the month/quarter?

mrdroid

Reaction score

I thought I'd like a bigger device too. But the DX is always getting stuck sideways in my pocket, plus it is hard to use one handed because you can't reach the whole screen. Tons of people will love the 4.3" display, of course.
That being said, I'd think the Inc HD will be a fantastic device ... it will fit in nicely with all the other fantastic devices we have available to us. ;)

Android may be a game changer, and the Droid and N1 played a big part. But now all devices have a 3-6 month lifespan. So there really ain't much time to be a game changer anymore - just the hot device of the month/quarter?

Is that a sideways Droid X in your pocket or are you just glad to see us? :p

4" screen is the perfect size. With a higher resolution it will be perfect. Got the Fascinate today and it fits perfectly where no other device stands. I really hope 4" screens become the new standard.

wmnomore

Reaction score
unless this phone is LTE capable why would someone who has an incredible or any other droid for that matter get this one when the LTE phones will probably come out right after this one is released?

this phone will probably have the shortest lived time at the top of the totem pole of any verizon phone in the past year and a half.

if it is LTE ready then that's a whole different story and a game changer...

I somewhat agree. Although many of us will not see LTE until? late 2011?
Look at WIMAX. I know it is a smaller company, but it takes a while to roll this out. I am happy with 3G. And if LTE comes out sooner, my 3G will have less traffic. :)

BzB

Reaction score

IF it is LTE ready then yep, it will be a game changer. the first LTE android phone on the nations largest carrier... only thing that would stop that phone from breaking sales records would be the notorious supply shortages at verizon. and yes, LTE is a big deal. with a good signal the only thing that would be faster is wireless n. but none of that matters if it's not LTE ready or capable.

Pudge

Reaction score
Those with more experience with Android, what is the norm for a timeframe of leaked to released?

I'd like to see this thing soon. I'll own it if its coming out soon. Patience is not one of my strong points, I could end up with a different Droid if it's not coming out within the next couple of months.

OP
I
Reaction score
Those with more experience with Android, what is the norm for a timeframe of leaked to released?

I'd like to see this thing soon. I'll own it if its coming out soon. Patience is not one of my strong points, I could end up with a different Droid if it's not coming out within the next couple of months.

the original link i posted i believe said by the end of the year..go back in check..i could be wrong..

Pudge

Reaction score

the original link i posted i believe said by the end of the year..go back in check..i could be wrong..

It did. I was just curious what the usual time frame is. By the end of the year could be 12/31 to some, and next week to others. No biggie, I was just wondering what you folks have seen normally happen.

OP
I
Reaction score
Personally i dont expect it til late november sometime in December..im thinkin it could be a christmas phone..just a guess

illmatic636

Reaction score
This is the same mysterious phone advertised here just a few days ago from BGR. There should be front pics there. I'm trying to locate the article. But, its basically similar to the D'Inc now. Not much different.