Sense 2.0/Gingerbread?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Alright so anyone know if/when Gingerbread and Sense 2.0 will come to the Incredible OFFICIALLY?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

G

Grimster

Not for a long time. Dont expect it in the next 4 months if at all. There is a VERY good chance the Inc will not even get the update to 2.3. Verizon is WELL known for not updating OSs on last gen phones which the Inc will be very soon.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think if your incredible is rooted you can have a gb rom now. The d1 has gb roms.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

G

Grimster

I think if your incredible is rooted you can have a gb rom now. The d1 has gb roms.
The third party 2.3 gingerbread ROMs are HIGHLY unstable and riddled with bugs. Dont waste your time as it will only give you stress. We have tested them all and the instability issues and bugs are unacceptable.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Didn't know about gb on incredible. There some good gb roms on d1 starting to show up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jr313

Reaction score
Im running CM7 nightlies #10 and its running very well for me...not one problem so far...gingerbread 2.3.2

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The third party 2.3 gingerbread ROMs are HIGHLY unstable and riddled with bugs. Dont waste your time as it will only give you stress. We have tested them all and the instability issues and bugs are unacceptable.

Who is we, Grimster?

jr313

Reaction score
He must be a dev or official tester thats how he knows all of the 3rd party roms are unstable...

Sent from the back seat of your car...look in your rearview! hehehe

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score

Actually I am running Fusion Beta ROM, Gingerbread with little if any bugs.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
He must be a dev or official tester thats how he knows all of the 3rd party roms are unstable...

Sent from the back seat of your car...look in your rearview! hehehe

Hah! Oh it's gotta be 10 characters... check.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well anyway I would rather be rooted and on a 3rd party ROM that is up to date than stock from a year ago.

Which is why this is an important question, not that you guys have really failed to answer it, but can anyone else confirm that the chances of the Incredible getting Gingerbread and/or Sense 2.0 are slim at best?

jr313

Reaction score
There might b a better chance than that maybe like 50/50 chance...look there was talk that the original droid might not get froyo once upon a time but look and they even said gingerbread wouldnt be able to run on it but its gettn there so anythings possible...its a waiting game right now and it may take a lil longer for the inc to get it bcuz they have to intergrate sense into it...so just keep an ear and eye open for the news bro...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
How far ahead of time would we hear about gingerbread and or sense 2.0?

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App