New incredible user

royolpunk

Reaction score
Hey guys I was on a Droid and than Droid x and now on incredible. I know about the horrendous battery life, so anybody got some tips on how to conserve battery?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Takami826

Reaction score
oh thanks for the link! Was searching for this very thing as I, too, was looking to improve the Incredible's battery life. (coming from a Moto Droid)

Locke081

Reaction score
I'm going to check out the link above, but since I just had a :heart: to :heart: with Verizon today, heh, about whether or not I should swap my Droid for an iPhone (I opted to keep the droid), the ugly truth I got was this:
1. buy car charger
2. buy extra battery
3. d/l and use [religiously] Advanced Task Killer.

What got me was that some of the mem. hogs were pre-installed (City ID, for ex.), but the ATK really has helped keep my batt. life in the 2 hr range. (Nowhere near as great as my ancient feature phone, the LG Dare, which had 8hrs easy even surfing internet /sigh/ )

Okay, off to read batt. thread!

XOXO

Takami826

Reaction score
with advanced task killer... there's some I know to kill but I'm kind of afraid of killing something critical... and is there a way to know what's using the most resources? I know in Settings you can see some basic battery info, but some of these apps I can't simply uninstall so I'm worried if I kill the wrong thing my phone will be hosed.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Try juice defender app. Makes a noticeable difference on my DI.

Locke081

Reaction score
with advanced task killer... there's some I know to kill but I'm kind of afraid of killing something critical... and is there a way to know what's using the most resources? I know in Settings you can see some basic battery info, but some of these apps I can't simply uninstall so I'm worried if I kill the wrong thing my phone will be hosed.

It's like windows svcs: the svcs will restart themselves when needed. I've killed EVERYTHING before and phone is fine.

If anything, one problem is that some apps keep coming back automatically (City ID), and if you use widgets, just moving past that page will open the associated services again (Facebook, mail, etc).

So w/ ATK you can do no wrong; sometimes, it's good to leave it on a few more minutes and see what automatically starts itself back up, then kill it again.

ATK is *safe*.

But I would like to try something a little more powerful (like, one that keeps City ID killed), so I might try the suggestion above (juice defender).

sudod2g

Reaction score
Try using root explorer navigate to system/app then rename the cityid.apk to cityid.bak then it wont run at all. Also task killers are worthless on 2.2 unless you are trying to weed out a rogue apk.

Or if you don't like that use titanium backup to freeze the bloat.

d2g liberty 1.5 romer v5
fascinate voodoo kl
incredible incredibly engineered v2.3

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
I know it's not the exact right thread, but curious, is the Dinc still relevant even today? I mean, is it a bit older than some and not new like the Thunderbolt, but even in the next year or two, is it worth getting even in April/May?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Lol. In two years, youd be a fool to pick up a Dinc. Quad core from qualcomm is expected by 2012, and have you seen the thread about nvidia's tegra roadmap? They're predicting better than intel core 2 duo performance by next year.

But as a holdover or a budget high end phone, yes the Dinc is still a good device IMO

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G