Non-responsive touch screen and irregular charging

elestano9

Reaction score
I was in the play store and suddenly my phone froze, I pulled out the battery to restart and then when I got to the locked screen I realised that my screen was not responding at all. I tried pressing down the top left corner as recommended in another thread, but that hasn't worked. I have taken out the battery and restarted a number of times. I also noticed that on one of the restarts the battery level dropped from 40% to 5%, which suggests there's not just a problem with the screen. Any ideas of what the screen problem might be?

OP
E

elestano9

Reaction score
Found the solution (similar to one in another thread): 1.Take out battery and wait 10 seconds. 2.Put battery back in and hold both volume buttons down and then the power button. 3.Select the normal boot option at the top.

That got my touchscreen working again.

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
My touchscreen freezes ALL THE TIME. When my battery is under 40%, the only way to stop it is to pull the battery. I aslo have problems with my phone being unresponsive. It either wont open any apps or it will open five minutes AFTER you press on something. I have had my Droid 3 for 2 years and I am soo excited to be rid of this pos. I absolutely HATE THIS PHONE.