Frozen on lock screen?

rtb

Reaction score
My Eris just froze on the lock screen. I had to take the battery out to restart it. This happen to anyone else?

VACaver

Reaction score
It's happened to me twice since I did the update. :icon_evil:

Bobby J

Reaction score
Me too after update.

I brought the phone back to Verizon and they gave me a new one. I only had it for a few days and they simply replaced it. I just got the update notice on the new phone and declined it.

dro

Reaction score
This just happened to my girlfriends eris as well. Did you drop it or did it just happen?

GolfProRM

Reaction score
You have to actually grab the grey bar and pull down now. You can't do it anywhere on the screen anymore. The menu button will also unlock the phone when it's awake.

xfeathersx

Reaction score
it happened to me today as well. I read a post from this forum where a person stated with the upgrade you can just press the end call button and it wakes the phone up, well did that and it froze...Had to pull the battery to fix it...

:angry:

RayDog

Reaction score
Same thing twice now. No response anywhere on the screen or buttons. Had to remove battery as well.

VACaver

Reaction score
You have to actually grab the grey bar and pull down now. You can't do it anywhere on the screen anymore. The menu button will also unlock the phone when it's awake.

I noticed the change about having to grab the gray bar to unlock right after the update...thought something was wrong with my phone.

I don't like it...wonder why it was changed?

creativespirit

Reaction score
mine froze froze

the gray bar didn't do anything
even the clock stopped

:icon_eek:

just prior i had hung up from a call and the lock screen was on, then i heard the person still talking - they tried to hang up, but the call did not disconnect. then the phone froze.

mtnman64

Reaction score
Same problem here since doing the upgrade. Looks like something got out of whack in the coding. Never had a freeze before the update; have had 3 in the past 24 hours since upgrade downloaded.

DroidChopper1

Reaction score
My Eris locked up twice today after installing the update this morning. Had to do a battery pull so it could re-boot. :mad:

SBacklin

Reaction score
The phone freeze on the lockscreen happened to me about an hour ago. Are we going to get official confirmation or word from HTC/Google about these issues happening after the update and older issues not really being fixed?

Yogiwolfman

Reaction score
Same here...

Frustrating. The Spidey sense told me not to do the update but I did and now my phone has locked at least 3 times, all needing battery pulls.