Noah confirms what we already know

CBLJazz

Reaction score
PART 1
[video=youtube;dbAx0zSXR5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbAx0zSXR5U&playnext_from=TL&videos=pxTDTclLRgU&feature=sub]YouTube - Apple iPhone 4 (AT&T) vs HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon) Part 1[/video]

PART 2

[video=youtube;7WDS1-YgfAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WDS1-YgfAw&playnext_from=TL&videos=-3T-t2kljxE&feature=sub]YouTube - Apple iPhone 4 (AT&T) vs HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon) Part 2[/video]

JCo352

Reaction score
So what did he say? I cannot sit through 33 minutes and 27 seconds of video to find out.

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
So what did he say? I cannot sit through 33 minutes and 27 seconds of video to find out.

SYNOPSIS: the dinc is a better & more reliable phone with great hardware on a better network.

The htc makes the android os a little easier.
The iphone is great but much less customizable.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

SYNOPSIS: the dinc is a better & more reliable phone with great hardware on a better network.

It took 30mins to show that.....Ha..

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score

IMO, Worthwhile comparisons are extensive because they explore:

1. operating system
2. navigation & interface
3. web browsing
4. speed
5. specs & dimensions
6. network, apps & reception

comparisons without exploring the important phone characteristics are just "fan boy" opinionated rants.

If i say just say, "the htc droid incredible" is better than the iphone 4 without explaining why i sound like an idiot.

i'll watch a 30 minute objective explanation to justify my $600 (list price) investment

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Comparisons are extensive they explore:

1. operating system
2. navigation & interface
3. web browsing
4. speed
5. specs & dimensions
6. network, apps & reception

comparisons without exploring the important phone characteristics are just "fan boy" opinionated rants.

If i say just say, "the htc droid incredible" is better without explaining why i sound like an idiot.

i'll watch a 30 minute objective explanation to justify my $600 (list price) investment

Sorry, I'll pass on the vid dancedroid

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the Iphone and all of its variations is no match for the Di or the DX.......quite simply the public is foold by a great ad campaign

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
the Iphone and all of its variations is no match for the Di or the DX.......quite simply the public is foold by a great ad campaign

The sad truth is that effective marketing convinces people to buy your product without thinking a lot- CAPITALISM 101:

Convince people to buy crap they don't need.

BLACKBERRY

BB will never die because RIM has convinced enough business people that it's the best phone for them.

IPHONE

the best thing they ever did was convince babyboomers that they need a smarphone and that it's easy to use.
Babyboomer have the money cause their houses and cars are paid for.

DROID PHONE
The 20-40 somethings like us will always push for the best phone and best network. The objective non-fan boys know the truth...

Google makes the best phone os & Verizon has the best cell network

drtnsnw

Reaction score
ATT did a good thing by throwing all there eggs in one basket too. There is after all only one iPhone, and how many android phones are out right now? The X, the Inc, and whatevere the new one coming out later is. I am not saying that VZW is off for different phones for different people but when you look at the support the iphone gets from aftermarket vendors too it is pretty stagering

Chris

sic0048

Reaction score

Well in the first video he covers build quality, screen, camera, battery life, reliablility, and voice quality.

Build Quality - he says iPhone feels more durably made (glass + metal), but is concerned about the potential to scratch the glass on the iPhone. Nod goes to DINC because even thoug it feels cheaper, it only has one glass surface and therefore can get banged and scratched up more without the same odds of breaking the glass.
Screen - iPhone is clearly better - but DINC has a very nice screen that won't disappoint (of course this will change with the new screens being used by HTC - someone will need to compare with new hardware)
Camera - iPhone is clearly better
Battery Life - iPhone is clearly better
Reliability - gave nod to DINC due to the death grip and AT&T network
Voice Quality - iPhone is better

I'm just starting to watch the 2nd video, but I wouldn't say the first one was hands down favorable to the DINC.

Last edited:

sic0048

Reaction score
Second video -

CPU - both are very responsive, but iPhone is slightly smoother

OS - Android allows more custome widgets, better notification system, has voice control, etc - clear advantage to Android

Keyboard - likes actual typing on iPhone better, but likes software and implementation better on DINC - I'll call it a tie

Contacts & other programs - DINC allows social network integration and more flexibility - DINC wins if you are looking for that experience.

Apps - iPhone store is nicer, can find decent apps on both devices

Overall - he would pick Android right now because of the bugs that Apple is facing, but feels that the hardware is better on the Apple. Android is going to be more flexible and "powerful" (that isn't CPU power - but the power to customize your phone).

He ends by saying he would pick a DINC today but in two months when the iPhone bugs are worked out.... - he never finishes his thought, but clearly his tone is that he might pick the iPhone over the DINC if the bugs were worked out.

Anyway - I certainly don't take either video as being a huge "win" for Android. They get the nod because of the bugs in the iPhone more than anything else.