Moto Droid and Droid Incredible: Side by Side

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;y1EfTWgFJGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1EfTWgFJGY]YouTube - Motorola DROID and HTC Droid Incredible: side by side[/video]

CatsTide

Reaction score
thanks...for that...i feel like....i...have just....listened....to a.....robot....

kmo

Reaction score
Thanks, nice to see them side by side....

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it comes down to:

Incredible:
+ Slightly Nicer Camera
+ Sense UI
+ Faster Stock Speed
+ 8gb Internal Memory (although some apps get confused when no sd card is present)
- Cheaper Construction
- Screen "Too" Vivid (not mentioned in the video but many others have said this)

Droid:
+ Physical Keyboard
+ Heavy Duty Construction
+ Sharper, Slightly Higher Res Screen
- Heavy
- Slightly Worse Camera
- Slower Stock

Equal:
* Speed Once Overclocked
* 2.1 OS

Honestly I think they are VERY closely matched. So much so that I think the main thing people will thing about when deciding is if they want a heavy, durable, qwerty phone or a lighter, simpler "tablet" style.

Note: It isn't mentioned often but doesn't the Incredible have an FM Radio? That is a + in my opinion!

Last edited:

demarco5

Reaction score
So it comes down to:

Incredible:
+ Slightly Nicer Camera
+ Sense UI
+ Faster Stock Speed
+ 8gb Internal Memory (although some apps get confused when no sd card is present)
- Cheaper Construction
- Screen "Too" Vivid (not mentioned in the video but many others have said this)

Droid:
+ Physical Keyboard
+ Heavy Duty Construction
+ Sharper, Slightly Higher Res Screen
- Heavy
- Slightly Worse Camera
- Slower Stock

Equal:
* Speed Once Overclocked
* 2.1 OS

Honestly I think they are VERY closely matched. So much so that I think the main thing people will thing about when deciding is if they want a heavy, durable, qwerty phone or a lighter, simpler "tablet" style.

Note: It isn't mentioned often but doesn't the Incredible have an FM Radio? That is a + in my opinion!

keep in mind though about the speed, even though you can overclock etc, the incredible is still smoother with no lag anywhere compared to the droid, i have my droid at 1000mhz and its still laggy

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see any lag at 1ghz

But yes, the Incredible is faster, I won't argue that. I'm just saying once you get the Droid overclocked there isn't MUCH difference speed wise.

demarco5

Reaction score
hmm for some reason mine still lags at 1ghz, maybe just a bad phone

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't see any lag at 1ghz

But yes, the Incredible is faster, I won't argue that. I'm just saying once you get the Droid overclocked there isn't MUCH difference speed wise.

So is it far to say the speeds are equal once you overclock the droid, and do not overclock the Incredible? Wouldn't it be likely the Incredible will be overclocked at some point? My phone has been running at 1.1gz nicely. That is almost double what the chip is rated for and exactly double what the stock chip ran at. Does is stand to reason the Incredible will be running at 2gz shortly after it is rooted?

Or...did we really luck out and get a great phone here?:)

krazyskott

Reaction score
With BB V 1.0 (leaked version) installed, I see absolutely no lag at 1ghz. And did he say texters would gravitate to Droid and power users would go to the incredible? The only feature I liked that I didn't have already was the touch to focus on the camera. As long as we have the devs we have the power.

jasonb

Reaction score
the incredible i bet is still faster compared to a droid at 1ghz. the incredible also has double the RAM which helps. i'll know on thursday when i get mine.

also i doubt we'll be seeing 2ghz overclock on the incredible. maybe 1.2 or so would be my guess.

M1dnite

Reaction score
over clocked 1ghz does not = stock 1ghz.. ask any user that overclocks cpu. bench marks are not consistant with a stock chip at that clock speed. plus more ram will add some speed when multiple things are running. This is going to be a great phone, can't wait till i can get my hands on her.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bL33d

Reaction score
Actually i dont follow i have been ocing pc's for along time and a 3.2ghz cpu is a 3.2ghz cpu now unless u went cheap and got one with less cache but then they are not the same cpu imo.