Moto Droid and Droid Incredible: Side by Side

Tominator

Reaction score
why would they do this? A newer phone that cant handle games that the first iphone could handle years ago? Im thinking of returning the Incredible and getting the moto droid, i was expecting good gaming on it but wow did they screw up.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus, the Droid has a keyboard which makes some types of games more enjoyable (emulators)

Darkseider

Reaction score
I think the whole problem with the poorer performance on the Incredible when it comes to gaming is more due to the Sense UI than the Snapdragon as well. The Nexus handles Asphalt 5 just fine and the only difference between the two is the UI. Knowing that the Snapdragon relies on CPU for gaming and that Sense UI relies on the CPU more heavily than vanilla Android leads me to believe that it is the cause of this problem.

Tominator

Reaction score
hmm cuz i hear the nexus 1 also lags, its what all the reviews say. Im not sure to return it now, it could be that gameloft ported it bad since it was coded for the chipset in the moto droid and iphone which both use the same gpu. If many new devices use snapdragon, they better do something. Also the gpu tests show the gpu in the moto droid and iphone getting twice the frame rate in a 3d test.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was in the mall last weekend. Had my droid running the desire rom. Went into the Vzon store to play with the incredible and compare. Running 900mhz on my desire rom..I didn't notice lag compared to the incredible. Maybe 1/16th of a second if at all...but not really. I will try to head back this weekend and take a video. get some droid love goin on for the desire rom.

Darkseider

Reaction score
hmm cuz i hear the nexus 1 also lags, its what all the reviews say. Im not sure to return it now, it could be that gameloft ported it bad since it was coded for the chipset in the moto droid and iphone which both use the same gpu. If many new devices use snapdragon, they better do something. Also the gpu tests show the gpu in the moto droid and iphone getting twice the frame rate in a 3d test.

The Nexus One may not perform quite on par with the Droid in that respect but it still shouldn't be nearly bad as described on the Incredible. This is what is pointing me to the Sense UI as the culprit for the additional loss in performance on the Incredible.

Tominator

Reaction score
lol im a newbie who came from a blackberry im not sure how to do any of that stuff lol

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the market, search for Helix, install HelixLauncher1 for best performance.

Unfortunately without rooting and removing the stock SUI home, it may still run in the background.

Oh and Helix won't be as pretty as Sense is either :p

compsci04

Reaction score
Ok ... have we all missed the most important detail about this entire video? THAT INCREDIBLE COMES WITH ADOBE FLASH!!! I've been looking for such an app on the Droid ever since i picked it up in November. Curses!!!!!:icon_evil:

Tominator

Reaction score
if gaming though is important to me, arent i better off going back to verizon and switching it out for a motorola droid?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
if gaming though is important to me, arent i better off going back to verizon and switching it out for a motorola droid?

Yes. For a few reasons..liek the keyboard. And the gpu. And the longer battery life. And the better resolution.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok ... have we all missed the most important detail about this entire video? THAT INCREDIBLE COMES WITH ADOBE FLASH!!! I've been looking for such an app on the Droid ever since i picked it up in November. Curses!!!!!:icon_evil:
It comes with a lite version of Flash. We should get the full version in June if rumors are correct.

Tominator

Reaction score
ok looks like ill go exchange my incredible for a moto droid, how sad HTC and how dumb qualcomm, ill be mad if they optimize games for the incredible later though lol