No Wifi- please help

firejuan

Reaction score
Hello for ~1 week I have not been able to establish a wifi connection on my Droid 1. I turn on my wifi in the settings menu and it says that it is establishing a connection, but never connects. I have tried connecting at home sitting right beside my router and at work. The available wifi networks only shows the networks I have saved; it does not show any new networks such as my neighbors that it used to pick up during a scan. I manually hit the scan button once it says disconnected, but nothing happens. I have tried several ROMS (UD 2.5.0, BB 0.6.1, Sapphire 2.0, and Sourcery) and several kernels (liquid slayher, slayher 1.6, p3droid, jdlfg, and sapphire), but still have the same problem. I always wipe boot, system, data, and cache prior to installation of a new ROM. TIA

A Nobody

Reaction score
Normally if you can not get wifi with a rom it is because of the kernel.

OP
F

firejuan

Reaction score
I mixed & matched the previously mentioned ROMs & kernels with no luck.

OP
F

firejuan

Reaction score
After a two hour session of unrooting and rerooting, my wifi is working again. I unrooted my phone to see if my wifi would work on stock 2.2 to determine if I needed to take the phone to the Verizon store, but the wifi worked properly. So I rerooted my phone installed UD and all is good in the world again.