No voice activated blue tooth??!!!

pastortommy

Reaction score
Hello all,
Is it just me, or does the Droid not support voice activated bluetooth? I paired my jawbone with no problem and can make and receive calls no problem. However, when I press my top button on the jawbone, it does not allow me to make voice initialized calls as it did with my blackberry. Any solutions?
Thanks,
Tommy

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is another thread, can't find it though lol. but ANYWAYS, it doesn't not support bluetooth voice dialing yet. Noone can figure out why, i think it's mainly just just forgot the application that runs thats, would be my guess.

surfsup

Reaction score
if there's another thread i can't find it... but from what i gather on other forums - the droid does not currently support voice activated dialing via bluetooth.

and i did not see this in the ver 2.1 fix list either.

bummer!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread was created right around launch date, it was speculation that it was going to get voice dialing at the time, since then, it was become known that it is not going to include this as an option as far as i know.

MaryU

Reaction score
This is a really big problem. I will have to search for another phone when I upgrade - I really need voice activated bluetooth dialing - after all, if you need to make a call while driving, you need to be hands free and not have to look at the phone!!!

Cutter3

Reaction score
Froyo does add the ability to voice dial from bluetooth. Not sure how it goes on other headsets, but on the Jawbone Icon, I long press on the headset, the headset says "voice dialing" and the droid brings up a window with a mic in it.

Short answer - yes it does, but you need to be running 2.2 to get it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Froyo does add the ability to voice dial from bluetooth. Not sure how it goes on other headsets, but on the Jawbone Icon, I long press on the headset, the headset says "voice dialing" and the droid brings up a window with a mic in it.

Short answer - yes it does, but you need to be running 2.2 to get it.

Unless it's the X. I believe I was told that the X has it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MaryU

Reaction score
I don't want to have to look at the screen - I can voice dial talking to the phone, I want to just say Call so and so from the bluetooth - like the old phones do.

xandor

Reaction score
That's what cutter was saying...if you get froyo (android 2.2), you will get the voice dialing you seek.

MaryU

Reaction score
Thanks - I will hopefully be able to download 2.2 soon