Blue tooth and Google NAV

gpb5200

Reaction score
While on a driving trip, I used Google Maps as my GPS, as my wife's Ford Fusion Hybrid does not have its own GPS. However when I synced my Droid with her car via blue tooth, it overrode the navigation, reverting to a silent turn-by-turn list. (There were no incoming or outgoing calls during this time) After a few minutes of frustration, she suggested turning off the blue tooth. Voila! The navigation came back. Then it went away again when I turned on blue tooth again.
In my Prius, this is not an issue. I can have blue tooth activated and have navigation running at the same time.
Anyone know if there is something with Ford's Microsoft Sync that creates interference and a possible solution? Or am I missing something obvious that might be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

entcee

Reaction score
Sounds like the nav sounds were going through bluetooth to your stereo. Did you have the stereo on the correct input and the volume turned up?

My Nav sounds (as well as all other sounds) go through my stereo in my car (bluetooth).

OP
G

gpb5200

Reaction score
Sounds like the nav sounds were going through bluetooth to your stereo. Did you have the stereo on the correct input and the volume turned up?

My Nav sounds (as well as all other sounds) go through my stereo in my car (bluetooth).

I don't recall that it went through the stereo in either car. I'll check that. Thanks.

entcee

Reaction score

I don't recall that it went through the stereo in either car. I'll check that. Thanks.
The Ford may support A2DP and the other car may not.