No sound with navigation

rosariorose9

Reaction score
This occurred with my previous phone, and now it's happening with my 6P running 7.1.1. No sound on navigation with Google Maps. Checked all of my settings and they appear to be in order. Aaaaarrrrgh! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you get no sound...are trying to go through a BT connection in the car? or this with no BT enabled at all? Have you checked the "Play Voice over Bluetooth" setting?

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply radon222. In answer to your question, I get no sound either way - whether I go through BT or with no BT enabled at all. So, I don't think it's a BT issue.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Well, it appears that my problem may be that the 6P cannot find a GPS signal, and it's not like I'm in an 'out-of-the-way' location. Weird...

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, Mustang. I've been using 'GPS Essentials' - that's what confirmed for me that I had no GPS. So, I booted in safe mode to see if an app was the problem, and the GPS worked...but only briefly. Am guessing that it's a hardware issue, so will probably order a warranty replacement.