No Service after installing Liberty v1.5

EM74

Reaction score
I think i have just screwed my Global.

I have rooted and installed the Liberty v1.5 on my Droid 2 Global. After rebooting I get NO SERVICE??!! When I try to make a phone call a message box pops up telling me to turn off Airplane Mode.....but airplane mode will not turn off. WTF?!? I have internet however I get no texts and no phone calls.

I think i just read that the D2 is different from the D2 Global and shoud not be installed on the global???.....too late. Is there any way to fix this?

How do I remove the Liberty and restore to the factory setting?? Or is there anywat to install a Droid 2 Global ROM over the Droid 2 Liberty ROM??

Thank you for the help...

D

dankarlinski

What you are going to want to do is get the D2G version of fission and install it over liberty. To do this, go to team defuses website, download fission SPECIFIC to the D2G, boot into clockwork using liberty tookbox > reboot options > bootstrap

From clockwork, navigate to the zip file you downloaded and install fission. The other way is to restore thru nandroid backup (which I am assuming you did not make one before you flashed to fission)

No worries, but for future reference, ALWAYS make a nandroid before for flash any rom. Even if it is just an upgrade to the rom (like liberty 1.0 to liberty 1.5). That way, you will always have a backup plan

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried just restoring service? Dial #228 option 1 and see if that doesn't get you going again.

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
dankarlinksi <------thank you sir!! Trying to locate Fission for D2G now.

hookbill <--- I cannot even dial #228, the airplane mode message pops up

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Ok, lets try this...

If you are still on Liberty, go to Settings>Libertysettings>Testing menu>Phone information

scroll down and you'll see a box with "set preferred network type" Make sure it is either "CDMA auto (prl)" or "GSM/CDMA auto (prl)"

Also, to get back before Liberty, hopefully you made a nandroid backup. If you did you can just restore it by rebooting into bootstrap/clockwork recovery. Choose Backup/Restore, then choose restore, then pick the date for the backup prior to Liberty.

If you didn't make a nandroid backup, then you will need fission or (worst case scenario) SBF.

Wait...Did you just install liberty? Did you flash the D2G_Romer_v5.zip afterwards. If you didn't then that is why you have no service. D2G Roms do not work on the Global with out some modifications (and even then the sensors dont work). See my sig for the link D2G Romer thread.

Last edited:
OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
Buryboi <---- Good look on the Liberty Settings however I cannot change to CDMA, it doesnt register a selection for some reason. I did just install Liberty this morning and i did NOT flash the D2G Romer afterwards....to be noobish and honest, I'm not sure what that means...i'm still clumsily babysteppin through this ROM stuff.

But I have downloaded Fission ROM Manager...first round of the zip file installation froze. Pulled Battery and will try again.

I still want to give the bootstrap backup/recovery a try also.

Guys, thank you for the heads up and i appreciate the patience as it's obvious i don'y know what the hell im doing....But I'm really digging the Liberty look and feel..i hope I can keep it..........I'll keep you posted

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
ok...just tried backup/restore....No Files Found....I mustve not backed it up.

On to the Fission

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you flash the team git-r-done global rom zip? If you want to keep liberty you can flash that to fix it or any other d2 rom for the global.

tappin and a talkin

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
Installing: SDCARD:download/FissionRomManagerLite_1.2.4.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...

showing frozen gray striped bar...yeah def frozen

bummer....grrrr what am i doing wrong ??

D

dankarlinski

Yeah. Fission rom manager is an app. You'll need to download the actual rom. They are usually between 50 to 100 mbs and in a zip file

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
ok....day 2 of the pain

I have tried the Fission install..no good. Still no service and my keypad has been rendered useless.

I am now going to try the D2G_Romer_v5.zip and the D2G_Sensors.zip

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok....day 2 of the pain

I have tried the Fission install..no good. Still no service and my keypad has been rendered useless.

I am now going to try the D2G_Romer_v5.zip and the D2G_Sensors.zip

You have screwed the pooch somewhere. The ROMer will not work (at least, it's not very likely).

My recommendation is that you wipe cache, wipe data, then SBF, THEN install fission.

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Oh crap...I forgot...Fission only installs frameworks and apps...You need all the D2G other /system files...

Get Angdroid stock deodexed moto blur for D2G Rom...that will fix you. I think the link is down so if anybody can share the link.

and SBF will definitely take care of you as well.