Liberty 2.0 Install Process

spartan948265

Reaction score
Hello,

I was sent a Droid 2 Global because they don't have the Droid 2's anymore and I had that one that was rooted and running Liberty. My question is if anyone can give me a step by step direction install process for flashing Liberty onto the Droid 2 Global and I heard I need to install something called v7 romer . I have heard a lot of people having issues on their D2 Globals and I don't want to accidentally make the switch and then have it fail on me.

Thoughts?
Spartan948265 - Proud Liberty User

pilonull

Reaction score
Unfortunately liberty 2.0 is not supported on our devices yet... due to it running GingerBread; whilst unfortunately we do not have GB yet. You CAN however get the non-GB version of liberty running with the rom'mer, however I suggest that you stick with CM7 (if you can deal with the camera being mirrored/flipped (on a sidenote, this will probably be fixed relatively soon, just a guess)) or you can go with HeXen Or Angel Rom. I am currently running CM7 and it fits my needs quite well [except when I have to deposit a check via mobile... Then I have to restore to a version of hexen that I have saved] but other than that I love CM7.

But Tl;Dr : Liberty 2.0 ain't available yet on yo device yet yo.

Reaction score
Don't forget Fission. While it's not being supported anymore, I've never had a bug with it. (Note: I'm currently running Hexen, I've had it for a few weeks, and I thoroughly enjoy it, it's definitely worth checking out. Smooth, fast, good battery life, and a nice look). I ran Fission for about 11 months on my old D2Gs (yes, plural, I'm on number 6 in roughly a year), and found it to be an excellent ROM, with an acceptable number of themes that delivered excellent battery life and performance. However, I don't know if the Fission servers are being maintained, which might mean all the downloads are offline. It might be worth a look, though.