No say it isn't so........

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ok this sux...sorta.

This is the only release I have ever been excited for and the FIRST time I would have gotten to a place early and waited in line. Believe me when I tell you I have never done that. My Tour I just pre-ordered and waited for it to arrive. I didn't really care.

I booked a print job last week and they put me on stand-by for Nov 4-13. All good. It pays VERY well so I was happy. Today rolls around and I haven't heard anything about a call time and in the back of my mind I kept thinking "I hope they don't have me work friday" That wouldn't happen right? Wrong. They booked me for friday. Of all the damn days. On one hand I'm happy because I will be making a nice chunk of change but on the other I'm faced with not getting a device friday.

I thought to call BB to pre-order, what a great idea. Wrong.....they are done with pre-orders. They sold them all out. I called 3 in my area.

So damn...I'm hoping that there is at least one device in this city (Los Angleles) at the end of the day that I can pick up.

I'm bummed I wont have the Droid first thing in the morning. I have to sit and watch everyone opening up their Christmas gift now LOL.

I don't know what to do. Order it over the phone and have next day delivery or just wait and call around when the shoot is over.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I were you i'd just do the order over the phone / online. Your still getting the instant 100 off and you should be able to apply your new every 2 if you have it. This way it's coming direct from verizon, and your not just hoping that a store has stock.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
Ok this sux...sorta.

This is the only release I have ever been excited for and the FIRST time I would have gotten to a place early and waited in line. Believe me when I tell you I have never done that. My Tour I just pre-ordered and waited for it to arrive. I didn't really care.

I booked a print job last week and they put me on stand-by for Nov 4-13. All good. It pays VERY well so I was happy. Today rolls around and I haven't heard anything about a call time and in the back of my mind I kept thinking "I hope they don't have me work friday" That wouldn't happen right? Wrong. They booked me for friday. Of all the damn days. On one hand I'm happy because I will be making a nice chunk of change but on the other I'm faced with not getting a device friday.

I thought to call BB to pre-order, what a great idea. Wrong.....they are done with pre-orders. They sold them all out. I called 3 in my area.

So damn...I'm hoping that there is at least one device in this city (Los Angleles) at the end of the day that I can pick up.

I'm bummed I wont have the Droid first thing in the morning. I have to sit and watch everyone opening up their Christmas gift now LOL.

I don't know what to do. Order it over the phone and have next day delivery or just wait and call around when the shoot is over.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Little story...

iPhone initally is released... I live in Austin TX... Realize that Kileen is 45min away.. Call grocery store that is next to said AT&T store.. Ask if there's a line (Called @10:30) they said 1 person..

Called MOST Austin stores (@9am).. Said 40-50 people in each line..

Calculated wait time for 40-50 people..

Drove to Kileen TX..

Within 35min had my phone..

BEAT ALL AUSTIN TX PEOPLE WAITING IN LINE!!!!

Moral of the story...

I GOT LUCKY!!!!

:::The eyes believe themselves: The ears believe other people:::

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm leaning on risking it and waiting till I wrap and calling around at this point but as it draws near my paranoia will get worse hahahaha

Getaphixx

Reaction score
Ok this sux...sorta.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

You'll survive...

I'm sure of it...
well that's comforting : )

lol

Good?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yeah it's all good : )

mjs31

Reaction score
That bites. Sometimes it is good to be in a small town where demand is not huge. I am actually covering night shift this week and should be out the door at 6:45am after our management meeting. VZ store is 1/2 mile from work and opens at 7am Friday.

cybrwulf

Reaction score
You will have yours on Day 1 if you want... just gonna have to visit a few stores... but you will get it.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Found a BB and going to just Pre-Order today.

I called 3 yesterday and 2 today. I got lucky.....

drloomis69

Reaction score
Found a BB and going to just Pre-Order today.

I called 3 yesterday and 2 today. I got lucky.....

I actually pre ordered it at Best Buy on Thursday and the worker there said that Best Buy might not actually be getting the droid on nov 6th that it could be a few days later .Anyone else hear anything similar? ill be pissed if this is true.