Stilllllll haven't recieved my Droid Pro :(

jscards5

Reaction score
I pre-ordered my Droid Pro last Friday on November 12th, and after the guy gave me a confirmation number and finished my order, he said it would probably ship that Friday, or probably the following Monday. He said the goal was to ship it out either two or threeor three days before the 18th (Official Release date) so that i could have it by then or even a day before. Well Tuesday and Wednesday came along and I didn't receive any email or tacking number, so I called up and asked if they could give me it. The lady i spoke to said that there wasn't any order placed under my account, but if i did place it that I should be expecting it that same day (Wednesday) or the next day (the 18th). Well i called again the 18th after not receiving anything, and they said there was no order placed. So I went to my local Verizon store to see if i could just buy the phone there since "no order was placed." When i was about to get my phone activated, the guy said that once he went deeper into my account and saw that I did have a pre-order "pending." They tried calling to cancel the preorder so I could just buy it in the store, but they couldn't. I called again today asking for a tracking number and at first she couldn't find the order in my account, but after looking deeper she did find that my pre-order was "pending." She had no idea when my phone would be shipped, and that she could not cancel or modify the order. She said they could be sending out the phones in batches, in order that they receive them and that mine should be shipping soon.

Isn't the whole point of pre-ordering a phone, to have the phone delievered at least SHIPPED OUT by the release date? It's already a day after and my pre-order is still pending. I wouldn't think the Droid Pro is a popular enough phone that they are backed up on stock, and have to slowly ship them out in batches. Anybody else pre-order their phone, and not receive any kind of indication that it has shipped????

spydergirl

Reaction score
Oh that's just AWFUL !!! I've been hearing similar stories. I ordered mine on 11/15 and received it on 11/17 right on time, so I was one of the fortunate ones I guess. I'm SO SORRY to hear of your trouble. :( I think it shows very poor planning on Verizon's / Motorola's part because of the influx of orders that came in right at the pre-sale beginning and they OBVIOUSLY weren't prepared!! I'd be hopping mad too !!! :( Keep us posted.

OP
J

jscards5

Reaction score
Yeah it sucksssss ugh, and really? Well that makes me feel a little better to know that I'm not the only one having problems with getting my Droid Pro. I talked to them Friday, and I know they don't ship them out over the weekend, so I'm reallllly hoping it ships out tomorrow or Tuesday. It would be a nice birthday present if I received it this week since my bday is on Friday haha. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and let you know what's up.

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! It better be at my house before Tuesday or I'm going to not be happy. I'm going to visit family Tuesday night for the Holiday & be gone all week. I also ordered it the same time you did & nothing. I'm considered cancelling my order & just buying it at the store if it's not here tomorrow.

AverageCanadian

Reaction score
hmm odd that. I was able to walk into a Verizon store in Buffalo and purchase one outright. Got it unlocked and using it in Canada now :)

OP
J

jscards5

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! It better be at my house before Tuesday or I'm going to not be happy. I'm going to visit family Tuesday night for the Holiday & be gone all week. I also ordered it the same time you did & nothing. I'm considered cancelling my order & just buying it at the store if it's not here tomorrow.

Yeah I tried canceling my order at the Verizon store but they couldn't because my pre-order is "pending" and they don't have an option on their computer to cancel or modify the pre-order. I wanted to cancel it because Best Buy is selling the phone for only $99... They said i can refuse the package when it comes, and the order will cancel, but by this time I'm so eager to upgrade my og Droid I probably will just keep it, haha.

eus107709

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having this problem, but it sounds like you are speaking to the wrong people. Ask for the" tele-sales" and" internet orders" number. Someone in either department will expedite your order. Your order, like mine and other, are stuck in limbo. Someone needs to manually push your order through their system.
Good Luck!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

HeroNova

Reaction score
That's strange. I ordered mine on the friday and got it on the monday 11/15. They said they had them in stock. I asked because I thought they wouldn't ship until the 18th. But it arrived when they said it would.

Last edited:

HeroNova

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having this problem, but it sounds like you are speaking to the wrong people. Ask for the" tele-sales" and" internet orders" number. Someone in either department will expedite your order. Your order, like mine and other, are stuck in limbo. Someone needs to manually push your order through their system.
Good Luck!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

I ordered mine over the phone and the rep I spoke to was more than happy to ship my order out on that Friday. I would call up and deal with them directly rather than the store.

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So I just found out that they messed up my order but they'll over-night it for free so it will be at my house tomorrow morning! At least I no why it's been a while lol.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
FYI, Amazon is selling them as a Black Friday sale for a penny... even beats the Best Buy deal. Of course, I paid the full $179 for mine.

OP
J

jscards5

Reaction score
yeah i'm on the phone with them right now, and they are transferring me to tele-sales and also in the process of tracking my order.... so we'll see how it goes. and yeah that amazon deal is only for new verizon customers, I already tried upgrading at bestbuy for $99 but they can't activate the new phone because i have that pre-order pending under my account

mtavenger55

Reaction score
So I just found out that they messed up my order but they'll over-night it for free so it will be at my house tomorrow morning! At least I no why it's been a while lol.

They actually never sent my order for some reason but the payment was confirmed on it lol. I guess they forgot about me lol.

OP
J

jscards5

Reaction score
Ugh my almost 2 week mission is over!!

I finally found out today that my pre-order was sitting there just pending because for whatever reason, my cc didn't go through, so instead of canceling the order, they just let it sit there which is pretty stupid. finally after calling a bunch of times I was able to cancel that order and I went to bestbuy to pick up my droid pro. kinda upset I was too late for the $99 price :/ so had to settle for the $179 but with no rebates so oh well. at least I got my phone already and it's time to mess around and get used to it. thanks a lot for everyone's help :)

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Verizon really screwed A LOT of us who did the online preorders... I'm wondering if there is anything we can do to get some satisfaction? I'm being serious here. They ended up giving me $11 off my next month's bill, but I really would've rather have had my phone a week earlier, as I was supposed to.