Droid shipping question

TheBigBlueBox

Reaction score
Hi... I'm new and this might be a very stupid and paranoid question but here goes...

I just ordered my droid upgrade from verizonwireless.com today, and I used the free overnight shipping code. About an hour after I ordered I checked my order status and it said order processed, but it also said "receive in 2-3 business days". Huh? I thought it was overnight shipping? Is that just a standard message when you check the order status, could it be that the droids are on some kind of backorder, or what?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
It took me 2 days to get mine back in November and it also took 2 days to get my husbands (just last month). I am not sure how the overnight shipping works so if you are that worried, I would call verizon and ask them what the deal is.

koralyne

Reaction score
That's odd. I ordered my droid on Thursday, got it Friday at 3pm. Call verizon, or fedex id say.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Hi... I'm new and this might be a very stupid and paranoid question but here goes...

I just ordered my droid upgrade from verizonwireless.com today, and I used the free overnight shipping code. About an hour after I ordered I checked my order status and it said order processed, but it also said "receive in 2-3 business days". Huh? I thought it was overnight shipping? Is that just a standard message when you check the order status, could it be that the droids are on some kind of backorder, or what?

Hey, is that the FedEX truck coming down your street now? :icon_ devil:

VZW is pretty fast on their shipping. Since you ordered on a Monday, I'd bet it will show up no later than Wed. But I could be wrong. Let us know when it shows up!!!

Welcome to DroidFroums Too !!!!!!!!!!

Better Idea is, Hop in the Tartus, crank her up, take her to the VZW Warehouse for a loading dock pickup :p
big Doctor Who Fan here too !!!!
Give Rose a Kiss For me too when you see her next :icon_ banana:
Billie Piper is Hot !!!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Next day shipping usually doesn't take into account the processing time. It just means that when they finally get around to shipping it, it'll only take one day to get to you.

That said, Verizon surprises me EVERY time I order from them because they are so fast. I've never had to pay extra for shipping, and things ALWAYS get to me no later than 2 days after my order. I don't even bother going to the store anymore because the wait time is usually longer than shipping time...LOL.

Smeech

Reaction score
I would call or e-mail verizonwireless.com

When I ordered mine at the end of December, it came next day.

the5rivers

Reaction score
I know that when you order from vzw.com, that as long as you placed your order before 430pm PST (which is the cutoff for next day delivery), you will get it the next day. When you click on the "check order status" in the confirmation email that they send you, and you put in your order number and last name, it always (at least in my case) shows "your order has been processed and you will receive it in 2-3 business days." Despite this message, I have always received my products the next day. So as long as you placed it before the cut off time, you should expect it the next day.

OP
TheBigBlueBox

TheBigBlueBox

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded. I knew I was being paranoid. It shipped earlier today and should be arriving tomorrow. I'm off work tomorrow and I wanted to have most of the day to mess with the phone :icon_ banana:

And to the above poster who mentioned Doctor Who... It's TARDIS not Tartus... any big Doctor Who fan would know that lol :icon_ devil: