Droid 1 replacement shipping from Memphis?

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
I ordered a replacement Droid for my faulty one I got 2 months back.

I made the order on Saturday, and I received the tracking code today from VZW.

The tracking code shows that it should arrive tomorrow, but the wierd thing is it is coming from Memphis, TN.

On the other threads it shows everyones replacements coming from Texas.

This shipping weight is 1 lb .5 kg and is shipping to Minneapolis.

Does this mean Im getting something other then a droid 1? :)
Many times Certified Like New phones come from a warehouse in Memphis. Usually a phone that is returned goes to Texas. I'm not sure why you think it's unusual?

Its unusual because everyone else's phones came from Texas.
I was just asking If anyone had gotten one from TN.

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
If thats your attitude, why don't you just stop responding and do something productive?
Thanks, bye.

Because this community does not look highly upon warranty fraud.

Gaga, Detonation is correct. We do not support fraud. We value open dialogue and ask that members respect each others opinions.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I just want to set the record straight and say I am NOT trying to commit any fraud or any other type of crime.
Just stating my opinion and talking freely.

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
UPDATE:
The rep supervisor said they were sending me a BRAND new droid 1 kit.

I received a CLN droid and a droid 2 battery...
Not cool when supervisors lie about what they are sending out!

eggsped

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Is the CLN in decent shape?

My CLN is on its way back and I'm going to take my chances with my original D1.

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Is the CLN in decent shape?

My CLN is on its way back and I'm going to take my chances with my original D1.

I didn't even look at it.
I called right away because I was lied too about the device!

I am now being over-nighted a droid 2 ;)

steelersmobile

Reaction score
shipping from westchester pa

It is strange they just dont tell you what your getting.....she said they were out of my droid....then she went to the supervisor came back a few minutes later(on the phone) and said ok lets hope this gets approved. Then said it will be shipped and I will recieve a tracking number...which i did, now it shows coming from WestChester PA. anyone know which phones typically come from there?
I have/had a droid 1 hoping for a droid 2!!

steelersmobile

Reaction score
I HOPE!!!! I will post on delivery day what it is...supposed to be the 19th. im so exicted!

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
It is strange they just dont tell you what your getting.....she said they were out of my droid....then she went to the supervisor came back a few minutes later(on the phone) and said ok lets hope this gets approved. Then said it will be shipped and I will recieve a tracking number...which i did, now it shows coming from WestChester PA. anyone know which phones typically come from there?
I have/had a droid 1 hoping for a droid 2!!

(Its seems like) they always have CLN droids in stock,
they actually told me today that there were no Droid 2's in stock, and that my only options were a CLN Droid or a Droid Incredible.

The lovely supervisor I talked to told me they did in fact have droid 2's but it had to get approved by a manager... She called me an hour later and gave me the tracking number for my droid 2 and its being shipped overnight with all the accessories!

Verizon takes care of there customers! (as long as you get the right rep that actually cares!)

droidemere

Reaction score
I just got my warranty replacement in today for my motorola droid..and I got just that..a motorola droid..not a droid 2..I was surprised because I see most people on here saying they've received a droid 2 as a replacement..its hard to say...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
I just got my warranty replacement in today for my motorola droid..and I got just that..a motorola droid..not a droid 2..I was surprised because I see most people on here saying they've received a droid 2 as a replacement..its hard to say...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't think they will send one nowadays without you knowing or asking for a d2.

_Killer_

Reaction score
Well, I will be getting my 3rd CLN D1 today.. HOPING it's actually LIKE NEW!

My original had a button problem after about 2 months of owning it.. the first replacement I received had an extremely loose slider.. The second has something loose inside that you can hear when it vibrates, plus the phone is EXTREMELY sluggish.. So I called friday about that.. THEN found out sunday that ALSO the speaker phone doesn't work.. When i put it on speaker i can hear the person on the other side, but they can't hear me.. I'm not hoping or wanting something I don't deserve.. But I'm TIRED of the CLN's always having some sort of a problem.. From what I've read they are out of actual NEW D1's, but man I wish they would just find one and send it to me!!! This has all taken place within a weeks time.. It's not like I'm getting these things and wearing them out..

_Killer_

Reaction score
Failsos.... Same problem as the first replacement... wobbly/loose slider.........

The tech told me today, that it's the manufacturer that chooses which phone is sent out not vzw.. (which of course I knew) and that maybe the manufacturer is just having some issues.. He says he "called" a few local stores in my area to see if they had any new D1's in stock.. (and of course, they don't).. Said he would notate the account, have the manufacturer double check the phone before being sent, and if I had another problem to call back and they would see what other options they could give me...

I'm not trying to upgrade or get something better, I just want a working phone! That's what I paid for! Vzw has been great though, everyone is always so polite and prompt.

I used to work at ATT (the enemy) and their customer service was pretty much AWFUL!

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
Failsos.... Same problem as the first replacement... wobbly/loose slider.........

The tech told me today, that it's the manufacturer that chooses which phone is sent out not vzw.. (which of course I knew) and that maybe the manufacturer is just having some issues.. He says he "called" a few local stores in my area to see if they had any new D1's in stock.. (and of course, they don't).. Said he would notate the account, have the manufacturer double check the phone before being sent, and if I had another problem to call back and they would see what other options they could give me...

I'm not trying to upgrade or get something better, I just want a working phone! That's what I paid for! Vzw has been great though, everyone is always so polite and prompt.

I used to work at ATT (the enemy) and their customer service was pretty much AWFUL!

Keep trying, I just got my Droid 2 replacement today