No pictures in gmail on droid

Same problem. Gmail will not show pics. no show pic button at all. no download button. just a little blue box with a ?

so frustrating to have a google phone and the mail sarks!

Same problem. Gmail will not show pics. no show pic button at all. no download button. just a little blue box with a ?

so frustrating to have a google phone and the mail sarks!

I found this info on my G-mail account settings. Maybe someone more qualified can decipher it? I may just wait and see if it will work after the required 2 emails from a sender....

"When you receive an email that contains externally linked images, Gmail usually doesn’t display the images automatically. This behavior is designed to help protect your privacy; if we displayed the images automatically, it could potentially allow the sender of the email to see that the images are being fetched, and therefore know when you’ve read their message.

But, if someone you've sent email at least twice sends you a message with images in it, you’ll see the image by default (because the people in this group are likely people you know and trust). We'll only show images in messages that are authenticated, so you won't have to worry about seeing images in messages where the sender's name or address is spoofed. If you’d like, though, you can change your settings so that images from these senders won’t be shown by default either." Here’s how:
  1. Click Settings.
  2. In the External content section, select Ask before displaying external content.
  3. Click Save Changes

I haven't seen a fix for this. I can't believe there isn't one yet. i get alot of e-mails and I need to to the pictures. Has anyone come up with a idea yet. This is no good.

I have tried numerous changes, Gmail settings overhaul, customer service techs(2 hours!!) and STILL no pictures in my G-mail. Just a friggin' lil' blue box with a ? in it.

.... waiting :icon_evil:

Wow, I'm surprised this isn't getting more play. Am I the only one that uses pictures alot in e-mails. I get sent pictures of things that are broke and need to be repaired. They should come up. Right now i use the e-mail program through the browser. But we shouldn't have to do this.

Wow, I'm surprised this isn't getting more play. Am I the only one that uses pictures alot in e-mails. I get sent pictures of things that are broke and need to be repaired. They should come up. Right now i use the e-mail program through the browser. But we shouldn't have to do this.
Yeah, if I relied on pictures in email more often, I'd be pretty pissed.

Add another one to the list. exact same problem as some have described:

• most pics appear just fine, I just click the show pictures button
    some pics appear as a blue box with a "?" in the middle of it
    when I log into gmail via a browser, the pic displays just fine
    there are no settings on the gmail app regarding picture display
    I noticed this problem frequently when I get an email from an iPhone user, perhaps iPhones embed the picture automatically

Very weird, hopefully someone can find a fix for this sometime soon!

email really sucks on the droid. I use K-9 mail, which is better, although it too does not display images within the body of the email. they're all attachments at the end of the email...which is useless.
Obvioulsy google and moto don't think this matters...as if checking your email on your phone is a "nice to have" in todays day...ha - not.
Very dissappointing. This, not to mention the other glitches to both the gmail and email apps on droid.
I too am very surprised there isn't a bigger uproar. Seems like peole maybe use these devices just for fun, with no "need" to check email.

HEY MOTO AND GOOGLE - FIX THIS!!!!!!!! This is BULL$HIT. My wife receives the same email on her iphone and can view the pictures while I am trying to login through email to see mine. WHAT GIVES?

The droid is not doing this one.

This is a big deal - When iphone releases a new phone on the Verizon network they better have crap like this fixed or they may not be such a competitive threat anymore!!!

having the same issue. I'll keep an eye out on this thread for any resolution.

Still no fix?

I assume nobody has heard anything that is useful about this bull**** issue?

Back