No My Maps Found!!!

starwindwalker

Reaction score
I selected & bought the Droid at the end of March for one specific reason. I have created 14 Zone Maps in My Maps on my iMac to use in my livery [flat rate "taxi"] business. I can easily access them from my computer as soon as I sign in.

In Droid 2.0 when I went to Layers>More Layers>My Maps I got this message: "No My Maps Found". After going to Google Help for Maps and My Maps, I followed any steps suggested... with no luck. I got a manager at the Verizon store to check into it and he found no solution.

After update to 2.1, I still had no access to my 14 Zone Maps. At first, it gave the same message. Then, apparently, after I opened the My Maps Editor to check it out, now I have an untitled Community Map that will not open due to "errors". I don't believe I created one, but it may have happened by accident. Still no Zone Maps.

Update to Droid 2.2 and GoogleMaps 4.4.0 did not change anything, except, now I can't open My Maps Editor at all. I tried joining Latitude and not accepting. No luck. After update, many other things screwed up...

Anybody know how to get My Maps to show up on my Droid?dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not have lots of experience with My Maps nor have a tried to move a map from my Mac to my Droid.
I opened Maps and selected layers, more layers, My Maps. In my phone, this opens previous places that I saved.

Where did you find directions from Goolge that would help you transfer from your Mac to Droid?

Mike

OP
S

starwindwalker

Reaction score
Thanks for responding Mike, even though you lack the experience with this problem.

Google Maps Help & Google My Maps Help had some suggestions to access what I have already created. It doesn't entail actually moving the maps from My Maps to the Mac, it's just supposed to allow me to open My Maps on the Droid. Verizon suggested I call Google. After hearing about their notorious customer service, I think not, at least until I exhaust all other possibilities.

Others have complained about links and directions not showing up, and there are fixes for them that appear to work. I haven't found anyone else who simply has no access to My Maps.

The 14 maps I created are nested Zones built with the shape tool. They are not directions along roads or links to favorite places. I posted each map link on my facebook page and can access them from the Droid, but it is cumbersome & time consuming to show this to drunk customers trying to get home. Supposedly, with My Maps on the Droid, I should be able to get to the map with a few quick clicks, then zoom and pan across to show the client where their destination falls within my Rate Zones.

OP
S

starwindwalker

Reaction score
btw... I also created a simple [titled] map for directions to see if I could get it on the Droid. Again, no luck. This seems to rule out the possibility of the Zone Maps built with the shape tool being the cause.

I'm stumped! I would like to solve this without a System Reset. The thought of the monumental task of backing up data [pics, texts, etc...] is not very appealing. If I can do it without spending anything on utility apps, that would be preferable as well.

If I must reset, I'll just try to trade in my cracked-screen Droid for a Droid X. The cracked screen doesn't effect touch at all, much to my surprise. Verizon has been well aware of my problem since before the thing dropped face-down while trying to get it out of its pouch for a photo on a hiking trail. This will really be a test of customer service if I get to that point.......

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is an apk to install maps. brb

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
install it as an update.zip like you would a rom.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure the OP is rooted

Edit: is that a signed update.zip?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
fetched it from androidforums when I unistalled my maps when froyo was initially released. There are actually 2 ways to reinstall maps though, the other is a factory reset from recovery mode. Every time I remove visual voice mail it comes back when I install a new rom and wipe data/cache.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
fetched it from androidforums when I unistalled my maps when froyo was initially released. There are actually 2 ways to reinstall maps though, the other is a factory reset from recovery mode. Every time I remove visual voice mail it comes back when I install a new rom and wipe data/cache.

If you delete any apks out if the system folder in the update.zip in any rom, they won't install. I never install google email as I only use gmail

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guy's perhaps I'm misunderstanding but my sense is the OP already has maps installed. I thought his issue was not being able to access the My Maps on his phone. Initially, I thought he wanted to move maps from his Mac to his Droid but I'm not sure.

OP can you please clarify?

Mike

OP
S

starwindwalker

Reaction score
Maps is installed and works relatively fine [slow loads, draws, etc...]. I am not rooted, and this is the first I've even heard about rooting as I jumped into this forum today. Am I correct in understanding, when you root, it's like a system reset and I will lose all data not backed-up?

As I said, I selected the Droid specifically for its Google My Maps feature for my business; then also for the 5mpxl cam, internet & eMail access. It's my first smartphone and I'm not into downloading every little thing out there. Don't even have music in yet [thankfully!]. Happy with Slacker Radio for now.......

Gotta go to work for the night. I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks for all the input everyone.......