"MY MAPS" not showing up in Google Maps 3.4.0

tbever

Reaction score
I just updated to Google Maps 3.4.0. I have several saved maps in My Maps that worked fine under the previous version of google maps. In this version, when I try to open that layer it just says "Failed to load My Maps". Anyone else experience this? I tried rebooting of course but no change.

OP
tbever

tbever

Reaction score
Have you wiped all your data recently??

I cleared the email application cache etc about 2 weeks ago to get the email client working again. No other data wipe etc. I am not sure if I tried my maps since then. If that is the issue, how to I get them working again?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Known issue, menu,and go to join latitude. If you don't want to join, just decline the terms, then retry my maps.

OP
tbever

tbever

Reaction score
Known issue, menu,and go to join latitude. If you don't want to join, just decline the terms, then retry my maps.

Thanks! That fixed it! I was on latitude before, and the first time I tried to log in it failed. I tried again and it worked, and after that "My Maps" showed up! Kinda strange, thanks for the help!

JustDriftin

Reaction score
RW-1 you fixed mine, thanks. I would have never guessed you had to go through those steps. I also was on Latitude and thought I could skip that step but the first time I couldn't log on and the second time it worked like a charm. I now have My Maps again. :icon_ banana:

droiddict

Reaction score
What is Latitude anyway? I clicked Join, got login failed and now my maps load. I've been trying to get them to load for a trip that we are going on. Thanks!