No more speed dial...

motty69

Reaction score
Lol! Yes lack of speed dial makes the whole OS terrible. Geez...

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
Lol! Yes lack of speed dial makes the whole OS terrible. Geez...

When you operate a business and call 5 to 6 key employees multiple times per hour it's a huge deal... If you just play games with yours then no it wouldn't be....

Scott1974

Reaction score
When you operate a business and call 5 to 6 key employees multiple times per hour it's a huge deal... If you just play games with yours then no it wouldn't be....

I agree. To remove a feature like Speed Dial... it doesn't make sense. I'm going to assume that this was an oversight and that a fix will be made? This has been a key feature on phones for years - why remove something like this?

jaseman

Reaction score
I hear your pain, but if you look in widgets and drag "direct dial" to one of your screens it will open your contacts for you to choose which one you want to link to the direct dial widget. You can do this numerous times and stack the widgets on top of one another so they do not take up your entire screen. Then when you touch the direct dial widget it will open with all of the ones you created and you can choose the one you want. I know it's not the same but that's what "they" chose to replace speed dial. :frown:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks jaseman. I didn't consider that. I like that idea. I think I'm going to get rid of my huge direct dial widget.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

motty69

Reaction score
There are multiple ways to work around speed dial, like adding favorites (which I actually prefer to speed dial anyway) or installing one of multiple apps. There's also the excellent suggestion jassman made a few posts up.

You could also use a different dialer that supports speed dial.

There's also always the option to go back to ICS if it's that big of a deal to you.

Look at that, I stopped "just playing games" long enough to answer you, Capt. Snark. :p

Last edited:

greggb

Reaction score
I hear your pain, but if you look in widgets and drag "direct dial" to one of your screens it will open your contacts for you to choose which one you want to link to the direct dial widget. You can do this numerous times and stack the widgets on top of one another so they do not take up your entire screen. Then when you touch the direct dial widget it will open with all of the ones you created and you can choose the one you want. I know it's not the same but that's what "they" chose to replace speed dial. :frown:

If you go to the play store there is an app called Speed Dial Old school works better than google's speed dial. I agree they shouldn't have removed the old one

vikingjunior

Reaction score

I don't know what people are complaining about this solution works just fine Thanks.

newell123

Reaction score
they need to bring back speed dial. It was so much easier

The widgets take a long time to set up and do not work as well. New system designed by morons

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
There are multiple ways to work around speed dial, like adding favorites (which I actually prefer to speed dial anyway) or installing one of multiple apps. There's also the excellent suggestion jassman made a few posts up.

You could also use a different dialer that supports speed dial.

There's also always the option to go back to ICS if it's that big of a deal to you.

Look at that, I stopped "just playing games" long enough to answer you, Capt. Snark. :p

Y'all don't like the favorites? I think this is the best solution..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Eagle001

Reaction score
So using Favorites I have to hit the phone 3 times before making the call, phone dialer-favorites-then the person? 3 times...

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
absolutely unacceptable
I have to exit the dialer in order to use any apps
Favorites takes too many clicks
I used the speed dialer multiple times on any given day
I guess Im going to have to remove the update

Last edited: