2.2 and Bluetooth Voice Dial

eghostrider

Reaction score
I also think the built in bluetooth dialer is crap. I VERY rarely get the app to dial the correct contact. Does anyone know if we can replace the current app with the Google Search dialer? The Google Search Dialer has picked the correct contact everytime. I would love to configure my Droid to use the Google Search Dialer as my bluetooth call initiator.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have the same problem where the phone hangs on the "Starting Up" screen and never gives me the speak now prompt. This happens usually after I successfully make a BT call, hang up, and then try to make another one. It hangs, so I back out of the BT dialer and try to dial from the handset. The BT headset is still connected but I don't hear anything out of it, except for the beep when I hang up. I have the Jawbone Prime, Droid 1, running UD 1.0.0 and Chevy ULV 1GHz kernel. Has anyone been able to make 5 or more calls back to back without power cycling the headset or phone? Anyone think a new kernel would help? Thanks.

cgull

Reaction score
Well...We now have voice dialing via a hands free BT device with Froyo. BUT, what a piece of crap. I'm not sure where the developers dragged this turd from, but using a Scala Rider headset for motorcycles, it's totally unreliable, dialing names that are not EVEN close to what is spoken. The dialing commands spoken in your ear are unintelligible. This headset was absolutely OUTSTANDING with an Ol' Motorola flip phone, so I know what it is capable of.

Damn, I love the Android platform, it just really blows that one feature like this remains elusive...

"Turd" would be a compliment to the recognition in the stock Android code. I just got a $100 Jawbone Icon and am getting <50% accuracy. What I have noticed is that there is another Voice Dialer by Nuance that I had better luck with but was replaced with this one when I installed the Fission Rom.

What is comical is that I can open Google Voice Search and say "Find restaurant with blueberry waffles" and it nails it, but voice dialer cant get "Call Bob". WTF?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Well...We now have voice dialing via a hands free BT device with Froyo. BUT, what a piece of crap. I'm not sure where the developers dragged this turd from, but using a Scala Rider headset for motorcycles, it's totally unreliable, dialing names that are not EVEN close to what is spoken. The dialing commands spoken in your ear are unintelligible. This headset was absolutely OUTSTANDING with an Ol' Motorola flip phone, so I know what it is capable of.

Damn, I love the Android platform, it just really blows that one feature like this remains elusive...

"Turd" would be a compliment to the recognition in the stock Android code. I just got a $100 Jawbone Icon and am getting <50% accuracy. What I have noticed is that there is another Voice Dialer by Nuance that I had better luck with but was replaced with this one when I installed the Fission Rom.

What is comical is that I can open Google Voice Search and say "Find restaurant with blueberry waffles" and it nails it, but voice dialer cant get "Call Bob". WTF?
Actually that makes sense to me. It's easier for google to discern a longer string of words than a short blurb. My voice dialing is usually really good, but I have all my contacts stored with first and last names. This makes them stand out easier. By the way, since this thread isn't dead, I switched to Project Elite ROM some time ago and all of my bluetooth troubles have VANISHED. Cyanogen and Ultimate Droid ROMs were the culprits for me.

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score

Actually that makes sense to me. It's easier for google to discern a longer string of words than a short blurb. My voice dialing is usually really good, but I have all my contacts stored with first and last names. This makes them stand out easier. By the way, since this thread isn't dead, I switched to Project Elite ROM some time ago and all of my bluetooth troubles have VANISHED. Cyanogen and Ultimate Droid ROMs were the culprits for me.

Well like they say, "Your mileage may vary"...I to am running PE4.2 EpicBlu and Bluetooth is still a turd. It absolutely will not work and I finally just gave up and do not travel with a SCALArider headset anymore. I'm now waiting for my contract to allow me a new phone, hopefully a BIONIC. I do know my wifes D-X works flawless. I believe rooted ROMS address artsy' fartsy' aspects of the phone and not the hard core operation of the communication portion.