Bluetooth voice dialing issue

jack007

Reaction score
I have been experiencing very poor accuracy when attempting to make a call using voice commands through my Jawbone Era. I often have to repeat myself numerous times before it will recognize what I am saying correctly. From what I understand, the droid 3 uses Nuance software for voice commands when dialing from a Bluetooth headset and I have been trying to find out if this is a real issue (i.e. compatibility with the phone and headset) or if there is a way to improve the accuracy of the voice command software. Unfortunately I don't have a second headset to test it with. Any one else experiencing this problem? Any ideas on how to resolve the poor accuracy?

btonetbone

Reaction score
I am having similar issues with my Parrot CK3000 Evo car kit. I am GUESSING that it is not using the microphone on our bluetooth units and is still listening to the phone's mic. Very frustrating...

OP
J

jack007

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing today when I was having to yell at it for it to properly recognize my voice. Very disappointing.

Iria

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing today when I was having to yell at it for it to properly recognize my voice. Very disappointing.

I noticed something even more weird. Using my Jawbone Era like the first poster, it would sometimes play "say a command" in my headset, and other times that prompt would come from the Droid 3's speaker. ??? Weird. When it came from the speaker I would have to shout at my belt holster. If if came from my headset, it seemed to work OK.

Silver Member
Reaction score
can you pick which voice command app to use? the "say a comman" is the vzw app. google only beeps.