Root now or wait for Jelly Bean?

RaveD

Reaction score
I'm loving my RAZR MAXX HD but itching to root so I can run Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, etc.

However, I'm concerned if I root now, I may have trouble upgrading to Jelly Bean.

Contrarily, if I wait to root, the Jelly Bean update could break the current rooting procedure and I'll have to wait for somebody to crack it again.

So, root now and worry about Jelly Bean later? Or wait for the Jelly Bean OTA update (which hopefully is coming soon).

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Well, JB should be here before you know it. But there is a leak JB floating around and it has been proven that you can revert back to ICS from said leak. So, I'd say if you can't fight the urge, go ahead and flash that leak. Worse case scenario is that you sbf back to stock to grab the OTA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

KaChow

Reaction score
I'm loving my RAZR MAXX HD but itching to root so I can run Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, etc.

However, I'm concerned if I root now, I may have trouble upgrading to Jelly Bean.

Contrarily, if I wait to root, the Jelly Bean update could break the current rooting procedure and I'll have to wait for somebody to crack it again.

So, root now and worry about Jelly Bean later? Or wait for the Jelly Bean OTA update (which hopefully is coming soon).

I am holding out for Verizon's JB. I really don't know what carrier that JB rom belongs to, one JB rom, I found is from France. Flashing ROMs from different carriers are PITA, use different radios.

I want to get my TB up, Toolbox, etc., but I am going to wait it out. Take the update, and watch the others root to make sure there are no issues with root or recovery. And then go for it!:icon_ lala: