maxx hd

sabirc13

Reaction score
have you guys rooted your hd maxx? i did mine, and unfortunately i think i effed something up cause now i cant get updates it keeps prompting me to setup a motorola service acct, then stays on the communicating to servers screen for a while, then nothing happens. I know the update isnt significant but now im pissed cause i dont know if ill have a problem getting the jelly bean update when that comes out. If u cant tell im a damn noob to all this so any advice is welcome.

geoff5093

Reaction score
How did you root it? I did it with mine and had no issues.

OP
S

sabirc13

Reaction score
Downloaded the drivers and extracted file. It keeps saying I need to setup a Motorola service acct. Then says communicating with servers then just stops.

OP
S

sabirc13

Reaction score
Fixed the problem just restored to stock firmware thanks to this:
Restore to stock factory firmware and unroot Droid RAZR HD & Maxx HD (XT926) | AndroMods
Found out through a youtube comment that RSD Lite could be opened with a program "7-zip"
Got and downloaded the update after which i rooted again; figured that now i could just go back to stock firmware whenever i wanted so why not? After that it seems, and maybe its just me, that locating bloatware to delete is very hard, perhaps hidden. Anyway the problem is fixed; rooting to stock firmware will take care of you.