No more 4g :(

CourtneyAnne19

Reaction score
After the latest update on my Rezound, I had no service, so I took out the battery and SIM card and restarted it and then put everything back in and now I only have 3g. I tried to do the *#*#4636#*#* thing but nothing would come up. My dad has s thunderbolt and he has 4g just fine. How can I get my 4g back? Someone please help me!!

pbickel

Reaction score
You might want to go to a Verizon store and get a new sim card or have them send you one. Some get their card fried to where they can't get 4G anymore just a starting point for the problem thats a free solution.

acejavelin

Reaction score
After the latest update on my Rezound, I had no service, so I took out the battery and SIM card and restarted it and then put everything back in and now I only have 3g. I tried to do the *#*#4636#*#* thing but nothing would come up. My dad has s thunderbolt and he has 4g just fine. How can I get my 4g back? Someone please help me!!
Which update? The OTA update or did you flash one of the 4.3.605.x firmwares manually?

Did you check your settings and make sure 4G (CDMA/LTE) was turned on, go to Settings -> Mobile Network -> Network Mode and make sure LTE/CDMA is selected.

Also, a factory reset is recommended whenever you make major changes to the OS, I would try that too before going to Verizon and backup everything with MyBackup or similar utility first, because I will guarantee you that if you go the local VZW store, they will do a Factory Reset before they change a SIM card out.

OP
C

CourtneyAnne19

Reaction score
I'm not sure which update I did, but I did check the settings and switched it to the one you mentioned and I got my 4g back!

Yay!!! Thank you so much! I'm so glad I don't have to go back to Verizon! :)