No longer using rom manager is SPRECOVERY still a go?

jbrock98

Reaction score
I recently stopped using clockwork recovery I'm using sprecovery, when I first rooted sp is wat I used then I bought rom manager and flashed clockwork, recently I flashed sprecovery in rom manager and am choosing to stick w/ sprecovery, when flashing new roms after wiping and my apps reinstall I don't re flash sp w/ rom manager is that ok? Its seems to be working fine only I've noticed the progress bars when I install something in sp don't always go full but says the file install is complete, so I was just wondering should everything be ok even tho I never open rom manger and re flash sp?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
ya once you tell it to flash sp you shouldnt have to do it again unless you flash clockwork. sometimes the bar not going all the way happens to me but that has never actually caused a problem i dont think

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
ya once you tell it to flash sp you shouldnt have to do it again unless you flash clockwork. sometimes the bar not going all the way happens to me but that has never actually caused a problem i dont think

Word.... thanks

erikfig

Reaction score
Rom Manager is getting tricky after the latest updates. CM get corrupted every now and then. I need to flash SP in order for CM to work properly. There is a bug with the latest updates.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Rom Manager is getting tricky after the latest updates. CM get corrupted every now and then. I need to flash SP in order for CM to work properly. There is a bug with the latest updates.

Yeah that's why I quit rm/cw recovery always breaking downloaded files sometimes got corrupt plus ULTIMATE DROID is where its at so I'm sticking w/ sp

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a member of the rescue squad, I purchased RM/CW so I could help others. I prefer SPRecovery so I keep it flashed. I've not updated RM for quite some time. SPRecovery is a more stable and reliable process, in my opinion.
mike

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Every time I have to do an update to rom manager it consistently messes my unit up. My fix is to make a rom backup, completely uninstall rom manager and then do a fresh install. So far that has solved my issues at least.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As a member of the rescue squad, I purchased RM/CW so I could help others. I prefer SPRecovery so I keep it flashed. I've not updated RM for quite some time. SPRecovery is a more stable and reliable process, in my opinion.
mike

exactly... personally i think rom manager causes more problems then its worth.

if you cant get a rom on your phone by doing it manually yourself you shouldn't be doing it to begin with.

eliassami5

Reaction score
never had problems with Rom manager..might just be user error.
Although it may take a couple of tries to flash back SP recovery, first time i tried to flash back to sp it wouldent boot into recovery, so i flashed clockwork again and then flashed sp recovery again and it worked fine.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As a constant user and backer of ClockWork, I can honestly say that Rom Manager updates 'HAVE' been buggy on a couple occasions...... not sure why they keep updating both RM & CWM, especially when they get it running efficiently again.

That being said, I will still stick with CWM since I have had good results with it 99% of the time... including just within the last few hours... switching from BB v0.4 to UD 3.5 and back again...

So sorry, but the comment about it being just user error is just plain ignorant.... no offense intended...

eliassami5

Reaction score
As a constant user and backer of ClockWork, I can honestly say that Rom Manager updates 'HAVE' been buggy on a couple occasions...... not sure why they keep updating both RM & CWM, especially when they get it running efficiently again.

That being said, I will still stick with CWM since I have had good results with it 99% of the time... including just within the last few hours... switching from BB v0.4 to UD 3.5 and back again...

So sorry, but the comment about it being just user error is just plain ignorant.... no offense intended...

well when you get people coming here crying for help cuz they have only had their droid for a week and have already started rooting and trying different roms via rom manager, you cant help but conclude that its due to user error. Like not wiping before installing roms or not making backups or a million other things. But when ppl who are familiar with rom manager start experiencing issues then yea its probably due to the app itself.

Its just annoying to see everybody ride the bash train sometimes, but this does seem like its not user error so im sure it'll be ironed out soon.

Last edited: