No Facebook walls on full site. Sapp or no?

fonebrkr

Reaction score
This is definitely a droid browser glitch.
FB still loads fine on skyfire, was hoping the lates update would fix it, but sadly, no love.

brochaos

Reaction score
if a user agent affects it, then it is still probably a facebook issue.

droid234

Reaction score
Same problem here with Droid X and Facebook in full site, Welcome to Facebook. Only started doing it about a week or so ago. Something has changed and I don't know what.

Had to resort to using Skyfire which shows no problem with FB full site, although I refuse to use it for anything else for it has other issues with other websites.

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
Yup, definitely a new thing, and definitely started recently, and definitely NOT a sapphire issue as I have confirmed it on Ultimate Droid 7 and SS 4.7 as well.

Wonder what those idiots at FB did.. maybe trying to navigate people to their "mobile" sites on purpose?

theozilla

Reaction score
Started one week ago...no wall OR photos page..very lame...face book probably struck a deal to drive us to mobile site which uses less bandwidth....sucks for admins of FB pages much worse

EmsDroid

Reaction score
Possible Solution?!?

Okay, so after much anger and confusion trying to fix this galling problem... turns out its a blip (technical term) in the fb touch site update and Droid standard browsers (these both affect the full site viewing). Most browsers automatically detect ur device and try to sync or send you to their mobile based sites. The only browser I found that you can tweak is Dolphin Browser HD. Download the app from the market, open, go to Menu>more>settings>agent>(select the desktop) The browser tricks fb into thinking you are on a desktop computer. Then open the FULL site www.facebook.com (include the www)... I did this a day ago. It seemed to have solved the blank walls and photos and also stops that pesky business of pushing me back into the touch site when I click certain links.

Hope this helps!

theozilla

Reaction score
Nice job

Thanks alot! That's the best fix so far! The Skyfire thing works of you don't mind selecting a browser every time you hit a link. I can live with dolphin as a primary.
Thanks again

EmsDroid

Reaction score
Nice! Small but glorious victory

I'm thrilled it worked for you too theozilla. I do believe you were right about fb trying to push us into using the mobile site but... (and I sing this with a pure beautiful voice)... "We're not gonna take it. NO! We ain't gonna take it..." dancedroid Hopefully it works for everyone else too, lord knows we've got a lot more issues with our beloved Droids to undertake before perfection.

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
Okay, so after much anger and confusion trying to fix this galling problem... turns out its a blip (technical term) in the fb touch site update and Droid standard browsers (these both affect the full site viewing). Most browsers automatically detect ur device and try to sync or send you to their mobile based sites. The only browser I found that you can tweak is Dolphin Browser HD. Download the app from the market, open, go to Menu>more>settings>agent>(select the desktop) The browser tricks fb into thinking you are on a desktop computer. Then open the FULL site Welcome to Facebook (include the www)... I did this a day ago. It seemed to have solved the blank walls and photos and also stops that pesky business of pushing me back into the touch site when I click certain links.

Hope this helps!

You can do the same thing on stock browser.

Type "about:debug" in the URL bar, go to it.
Hit menu -> more -> settings -> UAString, set it to Desktop.

The option for UAString won't show up without first going to about:debug

EmsDroid

Reaction score
Thankyou tameone, its good to know there's a way to set this without changing browsers. I'm sure most people are comfortable with the ones they've been using for a while. I may go back and try that, I'm kinda enjoying the new Dolphin features for now. We'll see how long that lasts though.

EmsDroid

Reaction score

Any resolution to this issue yet? I've reported it twice to FB with no response or fix.

Did you try my suggestion a few posts back?? I highly doubt fb is at fault here, or even understands what's going on... let me know if it works for you please. Mine is still up and running great now