facebook viewing issue

ShinnstonEer

Reaction score
The last few days I have been unable to view pictures on facebook. Doesn't matter. If it is the full site or not. On the full site it begins to load the page but all I see is a white background and nothing else the whole time. Then it stops and looks like it is done but stays with the blank screen. Anyone know why? This worked right for over a month.

dfalcon217

Reaction score
I think theres been a lot of issues lately with Facebook.

"this page contains the following errors;
error on line 4 at column 3797: unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes value
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error."

Thats one of em. Also I cannot follow any emailed links from Facebook either, it just goes to a blank browser screen. Tried same links through email on me wifes Eris and same problem. I've emailed myself other links for various sites and they all worked fine.

jablue

Reaction score
I was seeing this issue as well when viewing with 3G. As soon as I turned on my Wifi it worked beautifully.

rsvongsawat

Reaction score
Try this:

Browser > Menu (4 lines button @ bottom of phone) > More > Settings > There should be a "Load images" make sure that is checked.

Richard

Caprice0083

Reaction score
Facebook doesn't work at all on mine now, mobile site works better anyway. This app needs a serious update.

myriad46

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of problems on the native app for the past 2 days. Mobile, Touch and Full through the browser work just fine.

Reaction score
I am having Facebook issues as well . If I try to click a link from a post etc from an email I cant view it... this has been just in the past few days... I have the WiFi on also.. Face book runs slow on the computer so I don't know why I expect less on my Droid???

cubbie

Reaction score
error on line 3 at column 1728: Unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes values

Here are the steps I have found generates this error. This only happens when I post to my status on facebook (from the droid, it doesn't happen when I post from my pc) and then someone either "likes" or "comments" on the post and I refresh my notifications on the facebook app, click on the globe on the right of the notification that is supposed to take you to the link/post. I then get the below error.

Here is the error I have been getting since last night. 01/30/2010
-----------

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 3 at column 1728: Unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes values

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Then it shows the facebook page (blank).

I can go back to my profile and find my post and see the comments on the post, so I know that it is letting me see them, but it seems like the link is just broken from the notification screen to the post link.

Anyone else having this issue? Who do I report this to, or where to I go to find out if it is something that is being worked on?

countryboy498

Reaction score
I am having the issue of getting to Facebook via the link in my email. When someone posts something and I get an email notification I could always click the link and go right to the posting. Now it acts like its loading but the screen that comes up is just white. Is this a Facebook issue or a Droid issue?

Christobal

Reaction score
I am having the issue of getting to Facebook via the link in my email. When someone posts something and I get an email notification I could always click the link and go right to the posting. Now it acts like its loading but the screen that comes up is just white. Is this a Facebook issue or a Droid issue?

I've been having the same problem for about a week. I also have the Dolphin browser installed and both it and the native browser do the same thing.

Kinda glad it's not just me.

Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sometimes, Facebook's servers don't allow proper access to these apps.

However, when the servers are working properly, I've found this...
Bloo - Facebook 1.4.3c Beta for Android :: Social Application - AndroidZoom.com

to be MUCH better. Might take just a little getting used to if you've used the stock app quite a bit, but bloo gives you ACTUAL notifications in the bar. Someone comments on something you posted, you get a notification.

I HATE the stock facebook app's lack of notification, even when it IS working...

DanDoes

Reaction score
AHhhhHHHH!!!!! I'm having all of these problems too, regardless of wifi or 3G. WTF!!! Someone help us!

countryboy498

Reaction score
The white screen for facebook is really making me mad. My friend here at work has a Droid and his is working fine....... So, is it facebook or Motorola?