Problem With Facebook Since Update

hi7m4n

Reaction score
Ever since the update when I am on Facebook using the full site if I try and view my wall or anyone else's wall the page will seem to be loading and the header with the status and the sidebar on the left will load but none of the actual wall content will ever load. I tried a battery pull but still no change. Any ideas why this might be or more importantly how to fix it?

P. S. The news feed on my home page still loads just fine.

back2back8

Reaction score
Same issue

I dont use the facebook app that comes with the phone very often. Not very good. So I use the full site, and it doesnt allow me to see any profile activity.This sucks. I loved this phone until the update. It you cant go back to the 2.1. Something should be done. Replace with new phone.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Same here. A few others I know have the same problem also. Why it does not show up on the full site in the browser I do not know. Could it possibly be that Facebook are using some sort of Flash plugin now that we do not have Flash to use?

Also If I log in on the phone it logs me out on the PC and vice versa..... PTA

back2back8

Reaction score
Facebook

I did talk to a verizon rep at my local store an showed him the problem. He thought it had something to do with the flash. But who knows when the will put out an update to fix it. Verizon is sending me a new droid, but that isnt going to do any good if its the software. They should be giving people a free upgrade since it made this sweet phone crappy.

harlock

Reaction score
I'm thinking the problem you're having is similar to mine - ever since the update, the MESSAGING app isn't pulling over my FB avatar like it used to. Today I confirmed with another DROID user friend of mine that my avatar wasn't even showing up on HIS phone - I see everyone else's avatar just fine.

Now I haven't noticed the Full Site problem you guys are mentioning yet. Are you using Moto DROIDS? Do you have the same problem that I am having with MESSAGING?

back2back8

Reaction score
Is your issue with the facebook app? I dont use that to often, it sucks. So i always use the full site. And that is where the issue is. when i click on a profile the only thing that appers is the share comment. Nothing else. Just started after update. Something to do with flash i was told. Who knows when it will get fixed. Problems with other sites pulling up as well. Not happy with update.

ninjadolphin

Reaction score
System Update Unsatisfactory

I have a similar problem, and I think it's due to the update that installed a few days ago. #1 The phone takes longer to open ANYTHING - messages, applications, even contacts. #2 Today I got a notification that I needed to sign back into my facebook on my phone. I punched in my password and it said that it was incorrect. I got on my PC and tried it again, multiple times, and it kept giving me the error message that it was the wrong password. Then my facebook took me through the "temporarily disabled" process, verifying it was my account because of a possible phishing scam and that my account was accessed from a questionable source. I got through that, and pretty soon, I got logged out again and wasn't able to sign back in so I guess I need to change my password a second time. There are so many problems, I want to go back to my phone before the update - it worked fine. Now my weather widget won't even load. When it does load, it takes like 40 seconds to just load the temperature! Majorly unhappy..

back2back8

Reaction score
I agree for sure. I just want the old version back. Loved this phone. No probs what so ever in 9 months with it. I wasn't looking or even thinking of an upgrade or change tell the iPhone came to Verizon. If it does actually. Now I hope Verizon compensates its Droid one customers to a free upgrade to the X at least. Thing is so slow now. Not happy.

SoulIntake

Reaction score
I actually registered here to talk about the same problem. I am a Motorola Droid user, and running facebook in full site version doesn't load profiles either... except... if you go to facebook app and load a friends profile...scroll down....and hit full site version. Tada..there is the full site version of their profile. Weird huh?

Also, my facebook "full site" stopped working about 2 weeks prior to the froyo update. Figured the update might fix it... but no joy. I also installed flash 10.1 manually on the phone using a usb connection and a program called astro. Flash sites work now, but the facebook "full site" profiles still don't. I bet its a java issue. Any suggestions welcome. And this is for the original moto droid.