Am I missing something? No wall/post delete from facebook mobile?

Hoots711

Reaction score
I feel like i have to be missing something obvious here.

I accidently uploaded something to my facebook page i'd like to remove. It is blocked at work and when accessing on my Moto Droid (2.2 as of this morning + flash) i cant see any option to remove any posts on my wall.

On my phone i have used the facebook app, the widget and also the browser with both the mobile (touch site) and full html site.

I cant see any way to delete a post. Id prefer to remove it before i get home from work.

I have to be missing something right?

If i hold my finger on any post in my wall the screen pops up with 2 options.

-Comment or Like
-View link in browser

i would think remove would be here wouldnt it?

Is this is missing function or am i a complete idiot?
Thanks for any speedy responses...

OP
H

Hoots711

Reaction score
So no-one has any info on this?

Is deleting posts simply not a function of Mobile facebook on the moto droid?

zxsix

Reaction score
I don't think there's a way. Lord knows facebook app fails in many aspects.

Nitroq2

Reaction score
If you go to the full site on the droid, you can delete... You won't see delete but click in the top right of that post where you would normally delete and you will get the delete box.

Edit... For some reason the REMOVE button just isn't visible until you touch it.

velocity92c

Reaction score
I can delete wall posts from the official fb app by long pressing them, and if all else fails just load up the desktop version of fb and hover your finger in the top right corner of the post you want to remove until you see the remove button.

mrsmoos

Reaction score
Full Facebook?

whats the difference between the Facebook for mobile and the full facebook? I have Droid 2 and would like to find the full facebook. Where/how do I go to get it?

mike5529

Reaction score
whats the difference between the Facebook for mobile and the full facebook? I have Droid 2 and would like to find the full facebook. Where/how do I go to get it?

go to the browser, go to facebook, at the very bottom of the screen and you will see where its says "full site"

Jaimie_M

Reaction score
I came across this post looking for the the same informaiton. Since the time of the original posts adn responses FB Mobile has been updated.

This option is now at the TOP, no longer at the bottom. If you click on MORE at the top right you will get a drop down menu. Click on "Desktop Site" from there to get to the full site. Hope that helps somebody. :)

ANGIE87

Reaction score
Start at the right side of the post or status u want to delete on fb mobile, slide your finger to the left and a "remove" option should appear

zxsix

Reaction score
Start at the right side of the post or status u want to delete on fb mobile, slide your finger to the left and a "remove" option should appear

The only options I get when I do this are "Comment or like" and "View person's wall".

ANGIE87

Reaction score

The only options I get when I do this are "Comment or like" and "View person's wall".

Try to slide it without hitting that + symbol..i have droid x..its alittle bit fidgety but the only resolution ive found so far. I don't know why fb would make it this complicated to delete something. Try swiping your finger a few times if the remove option doesn't show right away

zxsix

Reaction score

Try to slide it without hitting that + symbol..i have droid x..its alittle bit fidgety but the only resolution ive found so far. I don't know why fb would make it this complicated to delete something. Try swiping your finger a few times if the remove option doesn't show right away

I'm not seeing a + symbol anywhere near the wall posts.
Here's what I'm doing...
Launch facebook for android application.
From the main menu, select Profile.
Now it's showing my wall.
Find a status update I made last week.
There's no + symbol anywhere near it.
Swipe and the post turns green and then pops up menu with choice to comment or like.

hotdogguynj

Reaction score
Angie87 speaks true, until I read her post I had been going to the desktop site, and tapping the top right of the garbage post. However now, just follow her post, and a red remove box appears! AWESOME THANKS ANGIE87

armeddroid

Reaction score
Stock browser will not do it.
Dolphin wont either but Firefox has the remove button or go to desktop site.

zxsix

Reaction score
ahh. so you have to go to the website. This functionality should exist in the facebook APP.