No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

tomsyco

Reaction score
I turned it to CDMA only, and it seems to fix the issue. I do not have 4G in my area, but having it enabled seems to cause me to loose all data connection. I wish they would release a statement on this issue.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
glad that worked for you! Even in CDMA only I get nothing lol. All I know is, if it isn't straightened out by Wednesday for me I'm swapping back to the OG until the Prime gets here... unfortunately. or maybe re-up a bionic for another 14 days :p

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
glad that worked for you! Even in CDMA only I get nothing lol. All I know is, if it isn't straightened out by Wednesday for me I'm swapping back to the OG until the Prime gets here... unfortunately. or maybe re-up a bionic for another 14 days :p

Sounds like a receiver error have you replaced it yet

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
no I haven't. Should I go to the local VZW store and get a replacement? tech did not seem inclined at all over the phone to send a replacement for a phone thats barely a week old.. lol. and will I get a new phone or will it be a refurb somehow? If I get a replacement I sure don't want a refurbish to replace a 9 day old $300 phone X_X

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
no I haven't. Should I go to the local VZW store and get a replacement? tech did not seem inclined at all over the phone to send a replacement for a phone thats barely a week old.. lol. and will I get a new phone or will it be a refurb somehow? If I get a replacement I sure don't want a refurbish to replace a 9 day old $300 phone X_X

I would I returned my Droid 2 global three days after getting it for a new one. I also don't think they have been out long enough to even have refurbs available.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

tomsyco

Reaction score
I wonder if I should get a new one or just wait it out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think a part of the problem is a week antenna, or not enough power going to it... my D2G NEVER had trouble keeping connection, and I know that the bars really don't mean squat, It's just crazy how much trouble I have maintaining a connecting sometimes. hopefully there is a patch, or a fix or something, maybe the new roms will have an included file to fix this... if it weren't for 4g being so close to my house I'd trade this for a d3, well and the screen size, as it stands that nexus prime or droid prime if that 4.65" screen is true I may wait for that. got another ten days to decide so...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
For people having issues with LTE. Have you tried going to vzw and requesting a new Sim Card? I've heard from a few people that this MAY fix the problem.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I think a part of the problem is a week antenna, or not enough power going to it... my D2G NEVER had trouble keeping connection, and I know that the bars really don't mean squat, It's just crazy how much trouble I have maintaining a connecting sometimes. hopefully there is a patch, or a fix or something, maybe the new roms will have an included file to fix this... if it weren't for 4g being so close to my house I'd trade this for a d3, well and the screen size, as it stands that nexus prime or droid prime if that 4.65" screen is true I may wait for that. got another ten days to decide so...

Custom ROMs I don't believe will fix this. It would need a baseband update.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just experienced this problem for the past couple of hours, and the way I fixed it has me convinced it's simply happening because the relatively new LTE network is simply still a bit flaky at this stage of the game. Because it seemed so random, I cannot believe it is anything other than periodic oddities obtaining a connection to the network. I tried everything short of a factory reset. And when did my 4G LTE icon light back up? When I got home and turned bluetooth on in order to pair it with my bluetooth-capable landline phone. Yup, turned bluetooth on and next thing you know, my 4G was back up and running.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Supposedly there is an LTE outage going on right now.:frown:

tomsyco

Reaction score
The real question for me now is; does my 4G even work. I disabled it and I can finally maintain a 3g connection, but I wonder if my 4G radio is even functional.

cc16177

Reaction score
I purchased the Bionic this last Saturday (3 days ago) and have had this problem CONSTANTLY since I got my phone. When I say constantly, I mean 4-8 times a day (Which is pretty constant for me). I have done relatively extensive testing to eliminate variables in the short time i've had the phone:

It happens to me regularly, regardless of whether or not the phone is "waking up" (putting it to sleep makes no difference).
It happens to me in many locations, some of which have LTE service but ALL had perfect (at least 2-3 bars) 3g service on my Thunderbolt.
It happens without wifi on.
It happens with mobile network set to LTE/CDMA OR just CDMA.
It SEEMS to be somewhat related to my gps location but that is nothing I am certain of yet.

I think that helps eliminate a few of the theories I read on this thread but I didn't read every post... I hope this helps.

I have also had a replacement of the phone (obviously brand new) and this occurred in both phones, as described above.

tomsyco

Reaction score
This is really becoming a major letdown. I really wonder why ths issue isn't really getting that much attention.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The real question for me now is; does my 4G even work. I disabled it and I can finally maintain a 3g connection, but I wonder if my 4G radio is even functional.

MAYBE a Sim Card replacement will fix it.