No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

stevo95

Reaction score
Anyone fixed this with a factory reset? I've spent a week customizing the dam thing and I don't really want to factory reset unless I have to.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone fixed this with a factory reset? I've spent a week customizing the dam thing and I don't really want to factory reset unless I have to.

well... I got mine all customized and had to do three factory resets and can't even use titanium backup anymore to restore them.... sucks but a factory reset and fxz worked for me

stevo95

Reaction score
well... I got mine all customized and had to do three factory resets and can't even use titanium backup anymore to restore them.... sucks but a factory reset and fxz worked for me

Excuse my ignorance but what is fxz?

69copo

Reaction score
I to am having the same issue. I lose connection no bars or 3G/4G on a simple 45min drive in a fully covered 4G area the whole time (N.E. Ohio). Never happened on any of my other Droids so I'm hoping it's a software issue to. Really sucks that the first update isn't until October though.

lilhill

Reaction score
How does this differ from just doing a straight factory reset?

It's actually replacing every bit of the software on your device, rather than just resetting options/settings and erasing user information...

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

tpkidd3

Reaction score
This solved the problem!!!

Yeah, I just figured MY issue out. Not sure if it was the same as the other guys, but mine is tad embarassing (A little less embarrassing considering 3 people at VZW didn't catch it either). Thanks to the quoted text above I looked in Battery Saver. Mine was set properly; however, when in the menu I notice the Data Delivery option. What do you know, within that menu is a check box for 'Data enabled'. Never been in that menu before, but mine was unchecked. Checked it, and now I have 3g again. Hope this helps someone out there. Wish VZW trained their techs (phone and stores) to look in that menu too! I made sure to tell the phone tech how I fixed it so they could have it documented in case another idiot like me called in w/ that problem.

Except I never unchecked "Data Enabled" in the first place. Was getting a strong 4G signal with Pandora streaming when the phone spontaneously rebooted. After that I had lost 3G and 4G. Thanks to csphokie for finding the fix.

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Not going to return it, as hoping an update will fix it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I loose data about once a day. It could be a phone defect thing or because I live on the edge of vzw LTE network. I really need ti take it into a stronger area and push it

When I first got my OG DROID (Dec 27 2009) I had horrific call quality. Worst I've ever had at my house on vzw with a motor phone. I actually had to go outside or near a window to make a call. Yet everything was fine else where. So I knew it wasn't a defect.

Once the new baseband came out with 2.1 in April it was all fixed.

Hopefully all we need is a baseband update.

jayrod718

Reaction score
I am also having issues. It seems my connection will display 4g icon with 1 bar and the upload light in the 4g icon lit up but no data works. Turning on 3g back and forth does nothing and the 4g icon stays the same. Enabling WiFi doesn't work it tried to enabled and connect then it failed and disabled. Tried killing tasks etc. no luck. When I do a reboot it locks up at the droid lettering pre boot animation. All I can do is a battery pull and then all is fine for what seems to be daily so far. I guess I will schedule a reboot daily and see if it helps. I live in a strong 4g area.

m@tt

Reaction score
I have TB seem to be on going issue with Verizon service down here in Houston. I even had them send me a new phone same issue. Just wondering what they going to try come up with when I call today.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I've got the same problem going on, except NOTHING fixes it. I have no 3G data connection anywhere. I can still use wifi and 4G though, but my house is not in a strong enough 4g area for the bionic to try to stay connected to it, it defaults back to 3g and I have no data (anyone know how to turn off 3g? I get similar/faster speeds on 0,1 bars 4g anyway lol). I spent an hour on the phone with tech support last night and they couldn't do anything about it. They submitted a support ticket on my behalf, and are allowing me the option to return it no questions asked and go back to my OG until something else comes along if its not fixed by then. How nice of them -.- .... I just want the bionic to work! Love the speed of this thing, and none of the competition has an A9 processor in the works that I'm aware of... unless the prime is coming with one?

If anyone gets this figured out please message me!

VZW rep tried to claim some wired issue on their end that is intermittent to different devices, I explained that my wife's incredible is having no 3g issues, but that's what he came back with.. it is completely random as to what devices are affected, even specified of a household with two thunderbolts where one was having issues with 4g and the other was not. *Shrug*