NFL Mobile expiring after Sept 30th?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, tons of comments about this on the Android Market. It's gotta be a mistake somehow. Verizon is still advertising it as free.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the app will be free but you need to subscribe to Verizon's video service for $10/month to watch the games/videos, which to me does not seem like free, it seems like $10 per month, which if I'm not mistaken is $10 more than free, which I understand to be $0 per month. But who knows, maybe my math is wrong.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that Shadez explained this in a news post. Something to the effect of "enjoy it for free until sept 30"

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I upgraded to a bionic a few weeks ago. At the time the app was saying "upgrade to a 4g device get nfl mobile free all season."

I called vzw to ask how this worked, if it needed to be added to my account or what. I was told if you have a 4g phone after sept 30 it will continue on as it is now.

wseyller

Reaction score
I upgraded to a bionic a few weeks ago. At the time the app was saying "upgrade to a 4g device get nfl mobile free all season."

I called vzw to ask how this worked, if it needed to be added to my account or what. I was told if you have a 4g phone after sept 30 it will continue on as it is now.

I was wondering that too. If it shuts down the videos I will raise hell.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

nitrap

Reaction score
When I bought my Bionic, the VZW rep, to her credit, was going through my account looking for things to delete (like VZ Navigator). She suggested deleting VCAST Video, and I said "no, I need that for NFL", and she shrugged and said OK. Never mentioned any promo. I have always accepted (with previous phones) that while the NFL app is free (yes, FREE), VCAST Video is required to fully utilize it.

Last edited:

harajyuks

Reaction score
Well ask I can say is*edited... Is that a no-no? Oh well

CJM: Yes. That's a no-no here.

Last edited by a moderator:

drewrivera

Reaction score
Has far as I was concerned, they always do that mess every year. O thought it was free too long time ago when I got my og Droid, which I still have ,

Milestoner

wseyller

Reaction score
To watch video is normally free during the offseason. Everything besides video had always been free in the NFL app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk