NFL mobile

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I'm having an issue on my HTC One M8 where the "Watch Live" option is missing.

My wife and I are on the same Verizon account and I'm the primary. She can watch live but I can't. She's never created an NFL account. She simply installed the app and was ready to go. I created an NFL login but it changed nothing.

I called Verizon CS and they said that there was nothing special about my wife's profile and that we had all the same features. I've also been communicating via email with an NFL mobile tech guy and so far, neither has been able to figure it out. On a couple occasions, each had asked me I live or have ever lived outside the US as though something was showing them that I did, or at least my device.

I've tried everything they suggested and more. I've stopped, cleared cache, cleared data and uninstalled the app at least three times. I'm rooted so I also cleared cache in recovery and used SD Maid to clean up after each uninstall. I've tried turning location services off and on a bunch of times but none of this has helped.

I've lived in Maryland my entire life and have never used an alternate address. So, I'm wondering if my phone is somehow giving a false location.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is her phone rooted? Did you mention that yours is when communicating to support?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm guessing it's a root issue. VZW locked it down so users on other carriers couldn't get it.

Samsung Note 7.5

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Is her phone rooted? Did you mention that yours is when communicating to support?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

No. Her phone is not rooted and I did not tell the CS rep that mine is.

Forgive my ignorance but how would VZW or their system know that my phone is rooted?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
No. Her phone is not rooted and I did not tell the CS rep that mine is.

Forgive my ignorance but how would VZW or their system know that my phone is rooted?
Verizon has their ways.... But in this case I feel it is more so the app knows it's on a rooted system therefore it locks down the watch live...

Samsung Note 7.5

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That shouldn't matter. My S5 is rooted and uses NFL Mobile just fine. That said, I only pay for their Red zone feature, but it works great.

S5 tap'n

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Verizon has their ways.... But in this case I feel it is more so the app knows it's on a rooted system therefore it locks down the watch live...

Samsung Note 7.5

Anyway around this by way of tricking or hacking the app so that it can't detect root?

That shouldn't matter. My S5 is rooted and uses NFL Mobile just fine. That said, I only pay for their Red zone feature, but it works great.

S5 tap'n

My wife's phone is also an S5. Could that have something to do with it?

We aren't paying extra for anything. Apparently, VZW offers "Watch Live" free now which is the only reason she has it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anyway around this by way of tricking or hacking the app so that it can't detect root?

We aren't paying extra for anything. Apparently, VZW offers "Watch Live" free now which is the only reason she has it.
Xposed framework and a couple other mods have root cloak.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

I've never known them to provide live viewing of the games. At least not individual games, you have to pay. Certain games are free, but not all of them.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've never known them to provide live viewing of the games. At least not individual games, you have to pay. Certain games are free, but not all of them.

S5 tap'n
It might be based on the plan also. With my plan I have the Watch Now option available for some games, depending on my location. Since I live close to Nashville it's never an option if the Titans are on TV. But when I was in VA in September I was able to watch a Steelers game using the app and the Watch Now feature. It also does not count against my monthly data when the option is available. I don't pay extra each month.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Xposed framework and a couple other mods have root cloak.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ok. ViperOne comes with the option to install xposed.

I installed xposed and RootCloak. I followed the steps to add NFL mobile and rebooted the phone. No change.

Next, I tried Hide My Root, which hides root from everything. Not just specific apps. No change there either. Still no "Watch Live" option.

It might be based on the plan also. With my plan I have the Watch Now option available for some games, depending on my location. Since I live close to Nashville it's never an option if the Titans are on TV. But when I was in VA in September I was able to watch a Steelers game using the app and the Watch Now feature. It also does not count against my monthly data when the option is available. I don't pay extra each month.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah. So, my wife and I are sitting right next to each other as I type this. She can watch the Minnesota/Chicago game live that's airing now. I cannot. The option just isn't there.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I've tried all the suggestions given here so far and no changes. This thing is driving me nuts.

Anything else I could try?