NFL Mobile

missrachel

Reaction score
So, earlier this afternoon I was watching NFL RedZone on my NFL Mobile app just fine, but now all of a sudden it's prompting me to pay for VCAST to watch live. I thought NFL Mobile was FREE all season for 4G phones? Anyone know what the heck is going on?!? :p

skiggs

Reaction score
Getting the same issue... i thought it was free for the bionic all season???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
The app is still free but the videos and games require a subscription to the Verizon video service, which is 10 per month. (Which to me really does not seem to be free)

OP
missrachel

missrachel

Reaction score
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > NFL Mobile > Clear Data.

This worked for me - kinda reset the app but now I am able to watch NFL Redzone live again...

I've read different things on various forums - some say that upon calling Verizon they told them to go ahead and subscribe to the $10/mo VCAST plan, but their account would be credited or somehow not charged because NFL Mobile is in fact free all season for 4G devices.

View attachment 40963

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Same thing for me. Got the "must subscribe to vcast to watch." I did clear cache/data and its working.

I had talked to vzw about this the other day. Initially I was told I had to subscribe to vcast but when I pressed her on it, that that is not exactly free and very misleading, she put me on hold to verify. When she came back she said she found out that all 4g devices would get it free for the season and vcast was not necessary to get it.

nitrap

Reaction score
I actually dropped VCAST Video on Wednesday after I found out NFL Mobile was free all season to 4G customers. Figured I would save a few bucks then reactivate it when the promo is over. NFL Mobile is still working fine.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Clearing data worked here too, but how do you clear the data on the Samsung Continuum? Damn phone's settings are completely different from every other phone.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Works fine for me but I don't really see how useful it is. I guess I'm going to have to try it out next Sunday.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Works fine for me quality sucks but works just watched some if the game jets getting there butts kicked lol

Cinoib

Reaction score
I have the droid bionic. I was watching the Red Zone about 11:00 MST Sunday. Then, went to watch it in the afternoon and boom... there's the '...you have to subscribe..." message. I called Verizon, got through the multiple promps and finally got to talk to flesh and blood only to get a fix that lasted ten minutes. I went thru the whole process again (totally gave up watching the game (Cards vs NY) and finally was told by a rep to subscribe to Vcast. In the mean time, I just basically figured I'd do the $10 thing to get through the game and then undo the subscription. Now I find that I kind of like the Vcast video thing (TV episodes). Anyway, I'm told by a rep that I will indeed be refunded the $10 on my next statement. Now here's the funny thing... I'm rooted and did the SqLite hack for tether. It works (near as I know 'cause the rep said nothing about the 5 gigs i've used so far) but I was told by the rep that the $30 subscription to tether applies to tether connection. I thought the tether was limited to 2 or 5 gigs which ever you purchase. I'm grandfathered in for unlimited. I went ahead and subscribed (for now...) to 'unlimited tether' (even though the SqLite hack is working...) because I don't want to take a chance of loosing grandfather. Anyone out there know if this rep I spoke with (Brian - South Carolina) misspoke? Is tether unlimited as long as I am grandfathered??

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
? Is tether unlimited as long as I am grandfathered??[/COLOR]

Yeah, the $30 unlimited tether thing is unlimited. For grandfathered data plans only

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
Works fine for me but I don't really see how useful it is. I guess I'm going to have to try it out next Sunday.

REDZONE channel is awesome! Seriously could be my favorite channel, even if it is only available during the season. I subscribed to it at home last year after getting a free weekend, and I was hooked. Now the only game that I actually watch the full game is when I'm watching the Pats, and even then RZ is on the other tuner of my Tivo. :) They don't play commercials, it is a continuous feed of football from the kickoff of the 1st 1pm game to the end of the last 4pm game, and then they will give you a recap of every touchdown from that day.

oh and I watched it for at least an hour yesterday on my phone w/o any issues (except the screen got pretty hot after a while), and the quality over 4G is amazing, those of you w/ issues must not have a good signal.

Last edited:

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Same thing for me. Got the "must subscribe to vcast to watch." I did clear cache/data and its working.

I had talked to vzw about this the other day. Initially I was told I had to subscribe to vcast but when I pressed her on it, that that is not exactly free and very misleading, she put me on hold to verify. When she came back she said she found out that all 4g devices would get it free for the season and vcast was not necessary to get it.

I called and tried to press them to, but i couldnt find anything from Verizon that actually says the premium content was free for the season. I found the press releases that were posted on Droid Life and sites like that stating that the premium content was free, but nothing on Verizon's site.

The Verizon rep insisted the app was free and the extra content required VCast... She pointed me to this site:
Verizon and NFL Mobile: Take the NFL Action with You.
GET NFL MOBILE FREE ON ALL 4G LTE DEVICES**
**NFL Mobile is free during the 2011–2012 NFL season. Verizon Video subscription req'd for video content.

I dunno.. I gave up because I had nothing official to back up my argument