Need help with HDMI Out for NFL Mobile

segen77

Reaction score
I did a search and can't seem to find the answer that I know is out there.

I want to watch NFL mobile through the HDMI out to my TV this season. I've read online that there are specific apps for each phone and ways around it so you are able to do this. Without the app the content will be blocked to the HDMI out. I've searched the market, and other sites, but I can't seem to find an answer specific to the Bionic. Can someone please let me know what they are doing for this season?

Thanks

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If you are still on Gingerbread you can use xternal display. If on ICS then I don't know what you can use.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
how do i know if I'm on Gingerbread or ICS? My phone says android version 2.3.4 is that what you mean?

I have xternal display downloaded but when i launch it it says "error encountered" in the top bar. I launched it without anything connected to it, maybe that's the problem?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
how do i know if I'm on Gingerbread or ICS? My phone says android version 2.3.4 is that what you mean?

I have xternal display downloaded but when i launch it it says "error encountered" in the top bar. I launched it without anything connected to it, maybe that's the problem?

Any Android version that starts with 2.3 is also called Gingerbread. So yes, you're on Gingerbread. If you were on ICS, the version number would start with 4.0.

welsalex

Reaction score
segen77 said:

My experience using xternal display and NFL Mobile has shown me that even though the program will say it's not working, magically the NFL app will output to HDMI. Sometimes you have run xternal display a couple times and then try NFL iagain and it will work

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep messing with it and hoping for the best.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I think I got it working. I was able to stream what's currently on. "America's Game" We will see what happens when they start showing Red Zone. It's strange that the xternal app says it encountered an error.

Thanks for the help everyone.

mdsd77

Reaction score
I signed up because I have Time Warner and they do not carry the NFL Network...

this thing is awesome and the cost was $5 bucks a month... ( get NFL Network 24-7 - sunday night games - monday night games and thursday night games - and alot of football content - like stats videos etc... way worth it -- OHHH and the REDZONE on Sundays!)

wish there was an interface which allowed transfer to an HDTV (more on this later )

but right now - I watch the normal TV broadcast and have my phone in a cradle ( ordered that for 20 bucks) and watch the redzone, kinda like having two tvs at the same time...

I bluetooth the sound through my laptop ( superior awesome better sound) ....

a few great things about this redzome thing... My team does not always sell out, so when it is blacked out, in our area, redzone still shows the scoring plays and if you have a late afternoon game, hell you get to see alot of the Blacked out games as well while they jump around...

also as I watch a normal broadcast on my big screen, redzone is jumping around and showing drives and scoring opportunities, so that is pretty *****in to say the least... I dropped direct TV sunday ticket for this option, and do not miss it one bit...

okay here is the deal I have researched on getting it from phone to tv --or tablet -- there is a video that shows it on youtube going to an archos tablet and then on to a TV - and there is a thing called cotton candy that states it can broadcast your phone only streams to your tv - and I just saw a new UG802 android stick computer that MAY and I say May do that as well -- don't know that for sure ...

I also saw a 2011 ad for Honeycomb tablets that were approved by the NFL Mobile to receive the broadcasts.. you can do a seacr and see these items...

I did try bluestacks - which is a download that allows you to use android stuff on your PC laptop - you can down load the Nfl Mobile app, but you are stopped when you try to run it...

if you like football, get this 5 dollar a month for 4 months app - suggest a cradle, and I suggest someone design a phone holed you can set up or hold when needed about 14" away from your head... cuz that seems to be a good distance to view stuff on a 4.3" screen..

picture from my Dinc2 View attachment 55914 its a screen capture

Last edited:

PoweredbyINdroid

Reaction score
Just an update to this thread

I use these forums all the time to find the answers I need. Did it again last night and my wife said I should post. Using a Droid 3 running GB, I managed to watch the Bears-Packers game with the $5 month premium NFL app + xternal display. Worked like a charm. xternal display gives you and "encountered error" message but it still works. Just wanted to share with everyone. I did have to get up and click the "Continue" button on my phone every so often. There is a popup that says "Are you still there?" that shows up every 15-20 minutes or so. I will add that now my phone shows HDMI connected even when it's not plugged in. I'll be trying to figure that out, but I'm not too concerned about it right now. Thanks to everyone out there who posts their questions and answers.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
On the bionic, trying to download external display and it says 'error: missing shared library'....?

welsalex

Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to get it to output with ICS? I've been thinking about subscribing for this season but if ice Cream Sandwich comes out and I cannot output it to my TV than it is worthless. I really want it for the Thursday night games

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I'm on ics. Don't have the cord yet but I figured all you had to do was plug it in...what's the point of the HDMI port if it doesn't work like that?