Nfc?

Icculus760

Reaction score
I'm guessing the Bionic won't have NFC since I haven't heard anything about it...same goes for the SGS2. Anyone agree/disagree?

wseyller

Reaction score
Oh, sure - use logic to respond to my question why don't you :biggrin: thanks!

Lol. Well if it makes you feel any better I have heard of tech that has nfc capabilities built into sd cards so maybe that will happen and you could essentially upgrade to nfc capability.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DoctorV

Reaction score
Google and Wikipedia have been around for a while now folks:

Near field communication, or NFC, allows for simplified transactions, data exchange, and connections with a touch. It is anticipated to become a widely used system for making payments by smartphone in the United States. Many smartphones currently on the market already contain embedded NFC chips that can send encrypted data a short distance ("near field") to a reader located, for instance, next to a retail cash register. Shoppers who have their credit card information stored in their NFC smartphones can pay for purchases by waving their smartphones near or tapping them on the reader, rather than bothering with the actual credit card. Co-invented by NXP Semiconductors and Sony in 2002, NFC technology is being added to a growing number of mobile handsets to enable mobile payments, as well as many other applications.

wseyller

Reaction score
Also could be used for other things like unlocking doors. NFC works short distance, about 5 inches or less.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could see NFC starting to be taken seriously in 4 or 5 years. Right now, it doesn't seem like too many phones have it. At least not here in the US. The only phone I know of is the Nexus S 4G.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Google and Wikipedia have been around for a while now folks:

Near field communication, or NFC, allows for simplified transactions, data exchange, and connections with a touch. It is anticipated to become a widely used system for making payments by smartphone in the United States. Many smartphones currently on the market already contain embedded NFC chips that can send encrypted data a short distance ("near field") to a reader located, for instance, next to a retail cash register. Shoppers who have their credit card information stored in their NFC smartphones can pay for purchases by waving their smartphones near or tapping them on the reader, rather than bothering with the actual credit card. Co-invented by NXP Semiconductors and Sony in 2002, NFC technology is being added to a growing number of mobile handsets to enable mobile payments, as well as many other applications.

You should use Let Me Google That For You... great for when people ask you something that you are just going to have to Google anyway...

Let me google that for you