Nexus issues

sharpz

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

My nexus is really starting to piss me off. Let me know if any of you have had any of these issues.

First the other night, I left my house and felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket to find my phone is constantly restarting. Basically it would show the Google writing at the start up, then start the samsung bright flashing lights, then would freeze and go right back to the google screen. I posted about this earlier and someone told me its a WIFI but that when you turn WIFI on and leave the range, it causes a boot loop that you have to either get back in range for or wipe the phone. Well after pulling the batter and everything, that didn't fix anything. When I got home though it did finally boot back to the desktop.

After assuming it was because I had played with the WIFI that day, I also have another issue. My phone randomly will restart, and take me to the android screen you would see as if you just booted up the phone for the first time. Basically it will show the android logo, it says "downloading" and has a Start button on the very top. I pulled the battery twice, it kept showing the same thing on boot up. Finally it took me back to the desktop.

I have not rooted or changed anything. Anyone have any idea whats causing this? I'm about to take it to Verizon on Monday and tell them to swap the phone, its getting annoying.

appdaddy

Reaction score
My Nexus did the second thing, when i first got it, the one with the start at the very top I didn't do a battery pull, I pressed the power button and it reset and was fine then i had the update to install try pressing the power button instead of pulling the battery. See if that works .

pool_shark

Reaction score
Take it back, that is not normal behavior.
I have left my house with wifi enabled and connected and not run into the bootloops.
Going back to the start screen is definitely a problem.

Smokie

Reaction score
I'm actually having the same issue. Did it for me with the stock rom as well as after rooting and using android revolution. I can duplicate it by streaming from sirius via wifi then if I go outside and lose wifi signal the phone will try to search for 3g/4g for a min or less then reboot and get caught at the boot animation screen, just keeps restarting the boot animation over and over till I pull the battery. As long as I shut wifi off before getting too far away from the router and losing signal I never have any problem. Anyone else have anything like that? Guess I should just unroot and go back to Verizon. What a pain.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
S

sharpz

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store and had mine replaced. I was also randomly getting the Android Factory Setup (as if the phone was brand new out of the box and needed to be programmed) if i restarted the phone. I have never rooted anything so I took the phone abck and they replaced it.

Smokie

Reaction score
i too went and had mine replaced. the 2nd one they gave me rebooted the second i turned wifi on. so they replaced the sim card and factory reset the new phone. same ****, as soon as wifi turned on instant bootloop. so they brought out a 3rd phone, and a totally new sim card. that worked. 3rd phones a charm.