nexus not turning on any more

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Nexus was working fine with jelly belly 3.9 and trinity kernel until today when I switch my keyboard to slideit. I couldn't get slideit to default so I rebooted. This cause a boot loop then I plug in my phone to charge since battery is low. It co.tinue to boot loop. I figure I just do a battery pull and if that didnt work I can restore with my backup. But it end up not booting at all. I switch to a full battery but still not booting. Any suggestion on what else to do to make it boot? Right it just off and a paper weight. I have insurance but don't want to get a refurb if I can boot this thing. :/

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What recovery do you use?

Have you tried going into recovery and then restarting the system from there?

It won't be a paperweight, you can just reset it to factory with adb or wug's toolkit.

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I used wug' s tool kit. So I need to just plug in into my computer and run wugs tool kit? It's not turning on at all. It's completely off. Just want to make sure.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I used wug' s tool kit. So I need to just plug in into my computer and run wugs tool kit? It's not turning on at all. It's completely off. Just want to make sure.
I think there's a "won't turn on option" so it might work, never had to use it.

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
thanks dezymond. I left it alone and went to the gym and came it boot up but was still in a loop. wug's tool kit was able to put into recovery and i flash my backup. :biggrin:. now im backing it up with titanium and will load jellybelly 3.9 again. DancingNexus

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Hmmm...now my 4g bars r grey. Is there a setting somewhere? I get reception but the bars are grey.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to hear it's alive again!

As for your 4g bars, did you install gapps?

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Glad to hear it's alive again!

As for your 4g bars, did you install gapps?

Yup. I installed the gapp. I'm on the market, internet and making calls but the bars are grey.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup. I installed the gapp. I'm on the market, internet and making calls but the bars are grey.
If they're grey it means you're not connected to google's servers. Try restarting the phone or logging out of your account and logging back in.

Both mine are blue right now so that pretty much eliminates the chances of the servers being down.

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
dezymond said:
If they're grey it means you're not connected to google's servers. Try restarting the phone or logging out of your account and logging back in.

Both mine are blue right now so that pretty much eliminates the chances of the servers being down.

Just reboot, reinstall still grey. Google wallet works, Google now and gmail works. So I'm not what else to test. :/

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just reboot, reinstall still grey. Google wallet works, Google now and gmail works. So I'm not what else to test. :/
I would try putting it into airplane mode for a good minute and then back on. If that doesn't work I would switch to 3g and see if it works. And if that doesn't work I would take out the SIM card (along with battery of course) for about 30-60seconds and then see if it works.

You said you're surfing the web just fine with it, but don't know. Try forcing a manual sync to see if that helps.

edit: and if you're rooted and ROMd I would actually try wiping cache and dalvik cache.

Last edited:
OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
dezymond said:
I would try putting it into airplane mode for a good minute and then back on. If that doesn't work I would switch to 3g and see if it works. And if that doesn't work I would take out the SIM card (along with battery of course) for about 30-60seconds and then see if it works.

You said you're surfing the web just fine with it, but don't know. Try forcing a manual sync to see if that helps.

edit: and if you're rooted and ROMd I would actually try wiping cache and dalvik cache.

Thanks but nothing, still grey. Everything seems to work. O well I might just reinstall everything later when jelly belly 4.0 comes out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks but nothing, still grey. Everything seems to work. O well I might just reinstall everything later when jelly belly 4.0 comes out.
Hmm don't know then. Maybe someone else knows, but that's all I would try.

Maybe it could've been an error installing the ROM?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm don't know then. Maybe someone else knows, but that's all I would try.

Maybe it could've been an error installing the ROM?

Could've been. I'd say try doing a factory reset and see if that helps. If not, you can just restore your backup again.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
yeah thats what i will do is restore. on another note, do you guys restore system data + apps with titanium backup?