Phone wifi restart

sharpz

Reaction score
Does anyone else get the wifi boot loop issue. If I turn my wifi on and leave the range of my houses router my phone will start restarting and will continue to restart until I'm back in range.

Also if I'm at another house and turn on wifi it will restart because its not my home wifi. What causes this and is it fixable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pdc419

Reaction score
I've heard of this bug, but when I was running stock I tried to reproduce it and couldn't. Since I've rooted I still can't so I think that there might be a bad batch of phones. That's just my opinion tho

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

sharpz

Reaction score
I thought that too, but i've had two nexus's now and they both do the same thing. I'm wondering if its just the type of router or something?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought that too, but i've had two nexus's now and they both do the same thing. I'm wondering if its just the type of router or something?

I've personally never heard of this issue. Here's a thread on Verizon's forum: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/753926

Most of that thread is a bunch of "me too", but there is one thread that says a Factory Data Reset fixed his issue. Below are my notes on doing a Factory Data Reset:

These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps:

1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting.

2. Backup everything on your sdcard that you want to keep as a Factory Data Reset wipes the sdcard. There are apps in the Market that will backup everything including SMS and Text messages.

3. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available).

4. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those.

5. Open the Market app and accept the market terms.

6. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

Good luck