Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm guessing you're not familiar with ADB & flashing images?

I would suggest flashing a clean image. That would help determine if it's a software issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL

OP
C

Christian Bjork

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'll look up for a tutorial online, unless maybe you could offer a link to a good tutorial to flash the image?

Thanks, Jonny!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm afraid I don't have one handy. It's been a long time since I needed it. You will have to do some downloading and setup on your PC and find the right factory image for your device. You should be able to find that here: Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices  |  Google APIs for Android  |  Google Developers

Feel free to come back here or start a new thread if you run into any issues. There are plenty of members here more familiar with flashing images than I am that can help you if I can't.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm afraid I don't have one handy. It's been a long time since I needed it. You will have to do some downloading and setup on your PC and find the right factory image for your device. You should be able to find that here: Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices | Google APIs for Android | Google Developers

Feel free to come back here or start a new thread if you run into any issues. There are plenty of members here more familiar with flashing images than I am that can help you if I can't.
Download image, extract it, edit batch file if you want to retain data. No PC setting up.

Or get wugfreshs toolkit and let it do everything for your

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Download image, extract it, edit batch file if you want to retain data. No PC setting up.

Or get wugfreshs toolkit and let it do everything for your
Speaking of members with more experience flashing devices than I have...There's one now. I forgot all about Wug's Tool Kit.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Speaking of members with more experience flashing devices than I have...There's one now. I forgot all about Wug's Tool Kit.

Sent from my Pixel XL
Hey, I've only flashed images a couple hundred times. :)

OP, if you need help flashing, let us know.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
More than me. I've done just enough flashing & pushing/pulling with ADB to be confident in my own abilities, but I wouldn't say I'm well versed in it.

On the other hand, Wug's Tool kit does do the job nicely with very little effort.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Phillbert!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Your issue is hardware, not software. One of the components in the phone (I'm trying to figure out which) if broken, causes these issues. The phone seems to think it has no media playback options. I'm assuming the camera works, but when you switch to video it says "cannot connect to camera" right? Also, does Bluetooth work and play audio once connected? And finally did the phone get any water damage, even a tiny bit, before this issue happened?
I'm working on fixing a friend's 6P which was dropped in a pool, and got everything working but this same problem.