News widgets stopped working

outkastragtop

Reaction score
I switched my settings to have social applications only sync when connected to wifi. Then, my social networks widget stopped updating. THEN, all of a sudden my news widgets stopped updating and dont display anything. I switched the social networking app back to sync at all times, and still nothing on my news widgets. So basically, my news widgets just stopped updated and arent displaying anything, not even the last article. Anyone know how to fix this or have a suggestion?

sda

Reaction score
I have seen similar behavior on mine. However, I didn't like the Motorola news RSS widget too much, so I downloaded the NYTimes app and added news widgets on my 7th screen. I like them much better than the buggy Motorola one...

venum67

Reaction score
i'm also having the same issue with my social network widget not updating while in wifi. has anyone solved this issue yet?

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Yea i did the same and it won't work. Im not even gna bother calling verizon tech cuz 95% of them know NOTHING. That's why i was hoping someone here could helps us.

StormOpz

Reaction score
Having the same problem :(, anyone else find any solutions or cause of problem yet?

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Amazing

Just trying to find a thread that addresses this same exact problem. Social networking quit, and then news widget quit.

Wouldn't be such an issue, I suppose, although I did like the News widget, except that the Droid 2 Global syncs the Facebook contacts through the Moto-native Social Networking widget, which doesn't work now. PLUS< found out now that the system updates feature doesn't work either "Try again later..." it says.

So is this a network problem, or a phone problem?

4myeuro

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the date and time widget.. it will get stuck on a certain date and time and I will have to delete it and restart it for it to work properly again... its more if an annoyance than a problem though.. a solution to the problem would be great though!! Thanks!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cblount130

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, too. Social Networking and News widgets quit working. Also the System Updates doesn't work.

Calendar widget, email widget, and weather widget all seem to be working fine.

KT2010

Reaction score
I found a solution

10 minutes ago, my social networking and news widgets were not updating. I unchecked the update only when wifi is connected option. Then I went and disabled the two widgets services using the settings> applications> running services path. After I disabled them I restarted my phone. Then I went to the news widget and selected new feeds to show. The next thing I know everything is working again. Lol that was a lit of steps but it did work.

Blkwdw86

Reaction score
That's all you had to do. From time to time my news widget quits, just delete the feeds you have in the widget and re-do them, starts working no problem. :motdroidvert: